Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Westin Harbour Castle

greg0ire
By greg0ire,
in

Not new to bidding. Just new to on my side. Hotwire has a 4* in Toronto West in June for $58 a night for two nights. Is it too soon to book that? Should I wait? Should I bid lower on Priceline? If I bid lower on Priceline, I run the risk of being in Toronto East. I don't even know if that's a good thing or bad thing. I have a wedding at some library/museum downtown. Any help is much appreciated. And of course, when I do book it, I will use the HOTWIRE link. Thank you.

It's not too soon to book if the hotel and price are right and your plans are firm. You didn't give the dates of your stay, but just checking a random weekend in June, I do see a 4* in Downtown Toronto West with the following amenities: smoke-free, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, high-speed internet. Is that the one you see? If so, my best guess is the Renaissance Downtown (located inside Rogers Centre). Without knowing the exact location of the wedding, I can't tell you if this is a good location for you.

If you give us more information about your stay, we'll do our best to provide further assistance.

Thank you for the quick reply. It's located at the Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen's Park Toronto, ON M5S 2C6)

I'll be staying June 19-21. While it's cheaper to stay in the West part of downtown, I'd be willing to stay in the East side if that area is more exciting. I'm sure there is a metro stop near the museum and the hotel.

Also, since should I just do PRICELINE and risk staying anywhere downtown to try to get a cheaper price? I figure I want to stay in a 4* at the minimum. Thanks again for the help.

The Royal Ontario Museum (or "ROM") is located a little bit out of downtown. It is adjacent to the Museum stop on the Spadina subway line. The Sutton Hotel is a 4* hotel located close to it (A recent PRICELINE bid at $64 or thereabouts won that hotel).

You are unlikely to find a 4* hotel in downtown Toronto for lower than $50 +taxes/fees when using PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

The Renaissance Toronto Hotel is adjacent to the Rogers Centre (where the Blue Jays play) and the CN Tower.

It is a medium walk from Union Station which is a sort of transportation hub in Toronto. (Union Station is 5 stops from Museum)

A popular hit on PRICELINE is the Sheraton Centre. It is more centrally placed in downtown and closer to the subway. It is close enough to walk to the ROM or a quick subway ride.

Nightlife in Toronto is somewhat spread out. There are a series of clubs at Adelaide and Duncan. Both the Sheraton and Renaissance are close enough to walk. The Sheraton is closer.

Toronto has very poor public transit beyond the downtown core. If you are planning on visiting the Metro Toronto Zoo, the Science Centre, or Canada's Wonderland then a vehicle is preferable.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your help. This is a little frustrating because it looks like the amenities most closely match the Renaissance at the Rogers Centre, the least desirable of the hotel choices. The smoke free part seems to be the giveaway here. The now $59 4* hotel in Downtown West shows smoke free as an amenity and the only 4* hotel that in the Hotwire hotel list that is smoke free is this one. I'm having trouble pulling the trigger.

If you're having trouble deciding whether to book this hotel, then I would hold off for now. It will probably be there for at least the next several days, and if not, there's a good chance that something more suitable will come up between now and June.

You might be able to find something on PRICELINE for $50 dollars or less; someone recently won the Marriott Bloor Yorkville for $46 (but getting that kind of rate in mid-June will be less likely).

If you'd like to try PRICELINE, you've got plenty of rebid zones. I'd start at $40 and go up in $1-$2 increments until you reach your limit, whatever you decide that is (given Hotwire's offer, you obviously don't want to go higher that about $55). Since there's a good chance that Priceline will put you up at the Renaissance as well (the Sheraton and Marriott Bloor Yorkville are about the only other possibilities when bidding this low for a 4*), you'll have to factor that in when deciding how high you want to bid.

It appears that you have plenty of option (and time) for this stay and it really comes down to what you're looking for from this trip... consider just how much time you'll have to be able to explore the area.

I recently attended two weddings in 3 weeks, both out of town, and stayed for the weekend... and while a weekend may sounds like a long time to go, see, and do, it's really not much time at all when you're traveling from out of town... the trip itself wipes you out a bit, sleep in a little the next day and then you sort of watch the clock a bit to ensure you make it to the wedding on time, and then next day check-out is at noon or there about. (also note i have two small children, so if you're traveling solo it may make it quite a bit easier for you take in more sights of the area)

Thanks in advance for you using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You may recognize my original post in the Hotwire section. I would have been given the Rennaissance for $59 and I really didn't want it.

I started at $52 and increased by $2 with multiple zones until I hit $60. I would have preferred the Bloor/Yorkville, but for the price I am saving, I will take it.

It looks like a decent hotel. I used the PRICELINE link.

Thank you... please also post your wins as it helps others, even if the hotel is already reported, as it helps in guaging the frequency of how often the hotel is awarded as well as helps others who may be looking at the same/similar dates as your own purchase.

Thanks again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]