Priceline Hotel: Need help bidding on a room in DT Nashville for 12/20 to 12/25

Visa711
By Visa711,
in

Hello, I would like some advice on a bidding strategy for an upcoming stay in Nashville from 12/20 to 12/25. It's a holiday week, so I don't know how this will affect the prices/bids.

I prefer the downtown Nashville area. I reviewed the hotel listing here and also, on Priceline, it shows a list of hotels with their star ratings, and I'm ok with anything at a 2.5* or higher, so I don't really have a star preference. Of course if I could stay at a 4 star for the price of a 2.5 star, I'd take it, but I'm not picky.

With that in mind, I checked rates at the following hotel websites (I picked ones that seemed to have recent wins):

4* Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University is $179 for 12/20 (a Saturday before a Titans home game), and $119 the other nights

3* Sheraton Nashville Downtown is $179 a night

3*Holiday inn Select Vanderbilt is $105 a night

3* Millennium Maxwell is $99.99 a night

3* Hotel indigo is $165 a night

2.5* Best Western Downtown Music Row is $109.99 for 12/20 and $79.99 the other nights

2.5* Holiday Inn Express Downtown is $119.60 a night

For me, the sticking point is that some places, like the Holiday Inn Select, offer free parking so this will ultimately affect my final price.

I don't want to bid more than $80 a night, considering the priceline fees and parking charges.

Rebidding Zones:

2.5* N. Nashville, S. Nashville, W. Nashville

3* Antioch, N. Nashville, S. Nashville, W. Nashville

3.5* Antioch, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Opryland, N. Nashville, S. Nashville, W. Nashville

4* Antioch, Brentwood, Franklin, Hendersonville, Opryland, Nashville Airport, N. Nashville, S. Nashville, W. Nashville

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]