Priceline Hotel: 4* North Strip Hotel Help - 11/6/08-11/10/08

cameo23
By cameo23,
in

Hi there,

I've been looking to book a good central strip hotel in Vegas for Nov 6th to Nov 10th... at a moderate price (ideally $150/night or less).

Unfortunately, I have to rule out 5* north bidding due to the risk of winning the Trump (not acceptable)... and have to rule out 5* and 4*'s in the south-strip due to the risk of being off-strip (4*) or in the extreme south part of the strip (5* Mandalay Bay too far from the action for us).

So, that leaves me 4* North Strip - which it appears as though Treasure Island is the only available hotel (which would be acceptable). Can anyone confirm if this is still true?

How many re-bid zones are there for 4*'s now?

Based on the hotel list looks like: Elko, Lake Tahoe?, Airport, Summerlin NW, Reno, Winnemucca... does this sound right for bidding strategy?

Thanks!

it appears as though Treasure Island is the only available hotel (which would be acceptable). Can anyone confirm if this is still true?
Treasure Island is the only 4* hotel reported to the board, but there are certainly others in the zone, but it's unknown if they participate with PRICELINE / hotw.wire.

With so many restrictions on your hotel, have you tried searching HOTWIRE where you'll likely be able to take an educated guess as to the property you'll likely receive.

How many re-bid zones are there for 4*'s now?
The hotel list refers to the entire state of Nevada and some of the zones you've listed above won't appear when you enter Las Vegas as your destination for PRICELINE (and a warning, do NOT use the hotel list to determine your re-bid zones). At the 4* level you have TWO re-bid zones, and the way to determine you're re-bid zones is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board (NOTE: Summerlin is not one of them)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info, I should have looked a little deeper as I have used priceline before.

After looking into it further, there appears to be 3 free re-bid zones in Vegas for 4*:

1. Las Vegas Airport

2. Nellis (LV speedway)

3. Summerlin (NW LV)

thereuare, could you please explain why you said Summerlin is not a free re-bid zone for 4*? When I check Vegas on priceline, the only options after checking Summerlin (as of this morning) are 3.5 stars and below. Maybe I'm missing something here?

I understand that Treasure Island is the only 'reported' 4* north strip, and potentially another location could pop-up.

Does anyone know of any hotels (unreported to date) that could potentially classify as 4* in the north-strip -- but be off of the main strip (east/west)?

I'd be happy with anything in that zone that is south of Treasure Island that is on the main strip as well (ie: Paris, Mirage... even Flamingo, Imperial Palace, Harrah's, etc).

In looking at hotwire, my only center-to-north strip options look like $169/night 5* central-strip (likely Trump), $163/night 3.5* (likely Flamingo or Bally's).

Thanks for all your help!

the only options after checking Summerlin (as of this morning) are 3.5 stars and below

Is Resort bidding offered in this zone?

What is your maximum budget for this trip (per nite before fees and taxes?)... the Saturday nite appears to be a premium nite. (few hotels are sold-out and/or not allowing arrivals for this nite)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After looking in depth at all the options & our limitations, we decided to book at Imperial Palace directly (unfortunately) to gaurantee a decent price and central strip location. Cost was $124.75/night over the span for Classic room (includes all taxes).

It seems as though using Priceline for Vegas is a little more challenging than other cities, especially when you have a few specific needs.

Thanks for the help, I'll be back!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]