Priceline Hotel: 2* Quincy Fairfield Inn

Mike&Nancy
By Mike&Nancy,
in

Hi -

Welcome to BetterBidding.

I Priceline Quincy a couple of times a year and it's pretty set in stone that the 2* Fairfield requires a $40 (not even $39) bid. There's a 3* Holiday Inn there but I've never seen it come up on PL.

Small towns frequently require a higher bid than cities.

Fun fact - my sister is the local news anchor in Quincy.

Good luck!

$45 is a great deal.

I'm going there next month - did you get a rejection at $40?

I think this Fairfield is a little better than average. The breakfast offerings seem more extensive than others. Also, I frequently have to stay there at holidays because of overflow of family and they frequently do little nice things for guests - a Christmas stocking and an Easter basket on the door handle in the morning are nice surprises I've received there.

Have a great trip!

Hi,

Yes, bid of $40.00 was rejected. Here's an interesting little side note. My brother is going with us ( hence the reason for 2 rooms). Anyhow, I was going to be away for awhile, and was unable to bid within my time frame. So I left instructions with him on what to do, and he mistakenly bid $42.00 for a 1 * hotel. That bid was rejected. I couldn't believe my luck!!

Does this particular hotel have only an indoor pool? That's what I made out of it. If it does, that's ok by me...I'm still happy.

Thanks again for all your help and advice fly. This board is so much friendlier and nice than TOBB. Thanks too for correcting my title.

Nancy

Hey -

Yes, indoor pool only with a jacuzzi. The only hotel in town with an outdoor pool is the Stoney Creek Lodge which is very nice but runs around $100. My brother's family stays there.

I've always felt comfortable using a 1* bid as a re-bid for a 2* when bidding small towns. I wouldn't do it in a big city but it's never failed me in small towns. The only time I've been accepted for 1* was for a Fairfield and it was clearly under-rated and has since been re-classified as a 2*. In Quincy, I think the only other likely possibility is the 2* Comfort Inn.

Thanks for letting me know about the higher requirement.

The Lakeview Restaurant right next to the Fairfield is pretty nice.

Have fun - and watch the NBC affiliate there :)

PS - "thereuare" does the title maintenance; my mis-spellings keep him busy

Hi guys,

There...thanks for keeping me honest and correcting my title. I meant to say nicer instead of nice in my previous post, but you guys got the gist.

A bit off topic, fly, I couldn't help but notice your avator. K-State fan? My daughter is planning on attending next year. We live in Lenexa, KS. Small world!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]