Priceline Hotel: bidding help request: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North)

Jenga
By Jenga,
in

Could I ask for help with a bidding strategy (and price point) for 4* Chicago NMA Feb 5-8, 2009?

Using Better Bidding's PRICELINE link, I've bid as high as $75 and been rejected. This surprised me because Hotwire has a 4.5* Mag Mile and a 4* NMA for $99. I know there's no direct correlation between the two services, but I thought HOTWIRE price that low would translate into lower winning bids on Priceline as well.

My maximum for PRICELINE would be $80. I'm looking for a 4* NMA. I understand how to use rebidding, I'm just wondering if I'm overlooking something here, or maybe if I'm bidding too early.

You guys have been at this longer than I have. Any insights or advice appreciated (I am ready to bid).

Thanks!

Not much to add since you have already bid within $5 of your maximum bid. Given the HOTWIRE rate you may be close and just need a bit more to get an acceptance.

You do have three re-bid zones avaialble when bidding 4* in Chicago and i would try again as follows:

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $76, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, thereuare. I just tried again (with BB's PRICELINE link) using the above and was rejected.

Since even the non-opaque rates are pretty low for this Feb long weekend, I'm going to keep at this with the low price point. (My user name could be "StubbornInWisconsin"!) I will post back as I have progress :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]