Priceline Hotel: Bangkok 5* in Riverside-Silom

KT Holmes
By KT Holmes,
in

I woudn't use Priceline for BKK.

1. *level isnot reliable!!

2. poor area selection

3. not changeable, refundable etc.

Much better deals on asiativ.com or wired-destinations or asiarooms.com and here you can really select the hotel you want!!

Flexible (cancelation fee)

Remember: 4-5* hotels can be found in BKK for around $70 (we got a apartment last year December Centrepoint Wirelessroad)

Swissotel Nailert is around THB 4000 at their page for swiss business room, standard should be THB 3000

We are staying 1/15-1/19/2009. I'm willing to go to about $150 per night for the riverside section if indeed they are 5*. I can't find anything in this section below at least $200 a night going through the individual sites (Banyan Tree, Shangri La, etc).

I'll explore some of the other sites mentioned here as well. My one requirement in to be near the river. We have friends staying in the area and have a wedding around here as well. Would make it incredibly convenient to be near all of them.

Will happily use the PRICELINE link to start a new bid under my husband's login.

Thanks all!

Up to now - if I remember correctly - there weren't any (PL) deceptions overserved for the 5-star-area for BKK Riverside/Silom area.. so I guess, I'd try more, too..

but the only 5star in riverside area on PL's regular booking site that shows up for the dates mentioned is the Peninsula (at $280). So, maybe PL hasn't inventory for the Sha-La and the Banyan yet.. (but this is only an indication, nothing is sure, of course). Especially, as it'll be still high season in Thailand. Good luck!

Unfortunatley there are no re-bid zones at the 5* level in this region, but you do have a lot of time between now and your stay.

If you'd like to continue bidding i would simply increase your bid by $5 every 24 hours until you reach your limit of $150.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi all,

I re-bid this morning at $135 with the same requirements - 5*, riverside. Still no luck. I did notice the Peninsula is the only 5* in this area. I'll continue the $5 incremental strategy until I'm at $150. After that, will look at booking a 4* direct, since the price range is so drastic at that level ($100 for Holiday Inn - $220 for Marriott, makes no sense to name my own price when I could end up paying much higher for Holiday Inn).

Will keep you posted.

Thanks again for the help!

Katie

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]