Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio (Downtown-Riverwalk) Marriott Plaza

kristens4
By kristens4,
in

Hi,

I want to bid on a resort in San Antonio for 10/11/08-10/14/08. The current room rate is $550 a night with third night free. Last week the rate was $275ish. I would like to know how much I should bid? I think it is the only resort in SAT, based on Pricelines Map and Star Ratings. I think it is the Westin La Cantera, but not positive. I am looking for something with a great pool, near SeaWorld and has free parking. What is the lowest amount to bid? Is 50-75 to low?

Thank you,

Kristens4

Hi,

I want to bid on a resort in San Antonio for 10/11/08-10/14/08. The current room rate is $550 a night with third night free. Last week the rate was $275ish. I would like to know how much I should bid? I think it is the only resort in SAT, based on Pricelines Map and Star Ratings. I think it is the Westin La Cantera, but not positive. I am looking for something with a great pool, near SeaWorld and has free parking. What is the lowest amount to bid? Is 50-75 to low?

Thank you,

Kristens4

The two resort hotels nearest sea world are, Resort Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, and Resort Radisson Hill Country.

Westin La Cantera is more towards Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

If you bid for a Resort in area San Antonio (West) where sea world is located, a winning bid will get you either Resort Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort Spa, or Resort Radisson Hill Country.

I have bid on this area many times and I have never won the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort , not saying that you wont happen to get it in a bid but since the Resort Radisson Hill Country is a lesser property and seems to come up in winning bids much more, I wouldn’t over bid in this area. I would start at $65 and work up in $2 increments with free bids.

If you don’t get a winning bid, wait 24 hours and raise the bid slightly, start bidding at $75

I know Resort Radisson Hill Country has free parking and a free shuttle that runs quite often to sea world. The pool is on the small side but it is nice, surrounded by a relaxing courtyard with fire pits though out the area, where families were sitting together having S'MORES while watching a family type movie projected on the side of a wall outside. The hotel also grills burgers and such in the same area in the early evenings

Good Luck.

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]