Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theatre District) Hilton Times Square

soozle
By soozle,
in

Hi there,

I'm looking for a 4* hotel for 5 nights sometime between Sept 29-Oct 13. Our preferred dates are Sept 30-Oct05, but dates are flexible. Ideally I'd like to stay at the same hotel for the 5 day stretch, but we can split the bid if really needed.

My acceptable zones are MTE, MTE, TS, CPS, ESB, DTSoho.

I'm very familiar with the concept of rebids and permutations, but I've been trying a few dates up to 175$ with no luck.

Any help or insight into dates and going rates would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-Susan

(ps. Yep, I'm absolutely using the betterbidding PRICELINE link. :) )

Hard to advise specifically with such a wide date range but i would try the following to find low priced dates:

-search HOTWIRE for all 5 nite date ranges and compare prices of all the 4* offerings shown for each date range

-use our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to find the lower priced wins within within your date range and bid around those dates

-try to stick with dates which include Friday-Monday since those will typically be less expensive than midweek nites

If you need a specific strategy to follow we can produce a generic one which goes from a low bidding to your bidding limit, but not specific to all the possible date combinations within your range.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Keep us updated and let us know how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice!

After much research and many bidding attempts, I ended up splitting my stay over two hotels:

From Hotwire:

3* Holiday Inn New York City - Manhattan 6th Avenue 29/09-01/10 $119/night

From Priceline:

4* Hilton Times Square 01/10-04/10 196$/night

We're pretty happy, considering it seems to be a busy (and expensive!) time in NYC.

By the way, for the 3* bid on Hotwire, the amenities returned matched those listed under the Hilton Garden Inn in the Hotels List thread. I thought for sure that was the match, and was surprised to get the Holiday Inn. Perhaps you could add this info to that thread? (No worries, though. It's understood that the hotels and amenities do change.)

As always, thanks for providing this service. It's fabulous!

Congratulaitons on your win(s)!

Thank you for sharing them with the board and hopefully you're happy with the results.

Please only post one win pe thread so that we can use the board's topic title format of reflecting the winning bid information in the topic title. Since this thread is in the PRICELINE section of the board, we'll use this thread to reflect your PRICELINE purchase of the Hilton Times Square... please start a NEW TOPIC for your HOTWIRE purchase and include the amenities shown before your purhase. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]