Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Venetian

LoveAaliyah
By LoveAaliyah,
in

Looked at results for this date on the calendar win ($119!!! for Venetian), so trying to get the same deal

Bid $95 for LV Strip (North)...received counter for $144!

Added Convention Center $100...rejected

Added Fremont $105...rejected

Added Airport $110...rejected

Added Nellie $115...rejected

Added West of Strip $119...still rejected...

Added LV Strip (South) $120...rejected :)

The previous winner for this date at Venetian for 119 had an intial counter offer of $179, making me think that I could have possibly gotten an even better deal since my counter was lower...but I guess not..

Any suggestions? Or should I just wait to do this on low-demand dates like Monday or Tuesday?

Thanks!

The win at $119 was for 3 nites and your stay is only two. However, hotel direct rates are still low for your dates, so i think you have a chance, although i'd be willing to bid a bit higher if you're looking to secure this in the nearterm and are looking for a 5* property.

Do keep in mind that you're bidding on a 5* hotel in this zone and NOT on the Venetian specifically. In this regard, if you do bid higher, you stand a decent chance at winning the Trump (which is slightly off the strip) as rates there are low too (just $169/nite)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help everyone!

Here are the results of my win.

I didn't really care which hotel I got, but just wanted to stay at a 5 star for once!

The Venetian

Check In: Sunday, October 19

Check Out: Tuesday, October 21

Price: $119 per night

Total including taxes and service fees: $272.07

Bid LV Strip (North) $90... got a counter for $133

Added LV Strip (South) $95...rejected

Added Airport $100...rejected

Added Fremont $105...rejected

Added Convention $110... rejected

Added Nellie $115... rejected

Added West of Strip $119... accepted!!!

So I'm assuming 119 is probably the lowest you could get this hotel for (unless the economy worsens even more)

I was also given the option to add more nights if that helps anyone...

Thanks again everyone!

Oh yeah, and i DID use the PRICELINE link found on this website.

Thanks Better Bidding!

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you were able to get a great rate on a 5* property... the Venetian is a great hotel.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and good luck in Vegas.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My friends and I are going to Las Vegas from Nov 8 to Nov 12 and we are considering using priceline to get our hotel. We would like a 5 star on the strip but we don't really want to stay at the Trump and it seems like the trend is going that way. We tried Hotwire and by process of elimination we got a 5 star that was definately the Trump, and a four star that was probably Planet Hollywood.

I looked at this post and we would love to stay in the Venetian or Caesar's or Bellagio or Wynn...anyways, what I'm confused about is the technique to add other areas and slowly increase the price...can someone please explain this to me?

I would love some tips on bidding for a hotel...I know we're not guaranteed a hotel and I also know that getting the trump is a distinct possibility but are there techniques you can use to decrease this possibility?

Thanks!

christineah,

Please follow-up your previous Priceline New York City thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip... then if you'd like help with the above please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]