Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Downtown) Marriott Marquis

JulesBo
By JulesBo,
in

Used the Better Bidding PRICELINE link and your amazing strategies to get my $74 4-star hotel deal, and I am thrilled! Granted, parking will be another $26 per day, but we'll split that between two rooms. We're going for a wedding, bringing my dear in-laws, and the 2-star hotel the bride selected is $89/night, and the 3-star was $129. I'm thinking...yeah, we'll pass on those and give the Better Bidding strategy a try. See if we can't upgrade our thread count a bit :)

Question, though, to anyone who cares to postulate: how/why is this a 4-star hotel? AAA and Mobil rank it 3, and TripAdvisor calls it a 3-star at well. Most of the TripAdvisor reviews are great, so I remain happy with my purchase...but a little confused as to how Priceline classifies hotels.

Did it by the book: first found out which Atlanta areas had no 4-star, which as of today included:

atl. west, six flags (3 is highest level available)

kennesaw (3)

lithonia (3)

midtown (3.5)

northlake (3)

peachtree corners (3.5)

stone mt. (3.5)

So, I chose Downtown Atlanta, 4 stars only, and offered $60. Added an area and went to $69, then again to $74. Then Priceline did their "let us think about it for awhile thing," and accepted about 30 minutes later!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

Glad to see you're happy with the results and looking forward to your stay... certainly a nice upgrade vs. the alternative group rate for the wedding attendees.

Just like beauty, star ratings are in the eye of the beholder, and each booking agency uses different criteria to rate hotels. Here is PRICELINE's current description for 4* hotels:

Our Deluxe 4 Star hotels offer beautifully furnished guest rooms and additional amenities to make your stay more comfortable.

Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel's in-house restaurant or call down for extended hour in-room dining. A concierge desk, business services, and a fitness center are also available.

4 Star hotels will have the following amenities:

Remote Control TV with Premium Channels

Telephone with Voicemail

Radio Alarm Clock

Iron and Ironing Board

Hairdryer

Business Services

24 Hour Front Desk

Full Service Restaurant

Room Service

Bellman

Concierge

Fitness Center Access

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the wedding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]