Hungary Budapest Marriott

zackeroo
By zackeroo,
in

The best thing about this hotel is that every room has a balcony with river view. The room itself is like every other Marriott, no complaints. They gave me a king bed as requested. (Interesting because I sent an email request and must have sent a duplicate one by mistake; I got 2 different replies back, one saying Priceline policy, cannot accept requests, need to go through Priceline; and the other one was super nice and guaranteeing my request!)

My only complaint about the hotel was that the front staff was unhelpful. They could not tell us where we could buy a beer when in fact there was a liquor store right across the street. Gave us a ridiculously high quote on taxi rates. Btw, always call for CityTaxi in Budapest - most cabs on the street are notoriously for ripping off tourists. Also lots of tour groups clogging the lobby.

I moved to the Sofitel for the next 2 nights which I will cover in another review.

• 3 months later...

Just adding my standard tidbits:

• USA Today (condensed version) free in the elevator lobby.
  • All-you-can-eat cake and fruit buffer for about $8 - didn't try but looked delicious.
  • Local calls about $.45/minute. Not a good thing for modem access.
  • Internet access costs an absurd $35/day and is available only in the business center and wireless (WiFi) in the lobby... none in the room!
  • Just two short blocks away (on Vaci Utca) are Burger King and Cafe Anna that provide free WiFi Internet access.
    All Burger Kings in the city seem to provide this.
    Another Cafe Anna (which was curiously also adjacent to a Burger King) also had this.
    Anna's Tiramisu is very good.
  • Tram right in front of the hotel (by the river); Metro (Deak Ferenc Ter station) four blocks away. This Metro station is where the three lines intersect.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]