Priceline Hotel: 3 or 4* Vancouver Oct 3-5

imrany
By imrany,
in

This is my first time posting here. I was hoping to book a 3 or 4* hotel in downtown Vancouver the weekend of October 3rd to October 5th 2008.

Any suggestions of where to get started or a good strategy to pursue to get the lowest possible bid? My thought was to start at $80 and work my way up, but I'm not sure if this would be effective.

Thanks

The strategies for winning a 3* or 4* are different due to the re-bid zones (4* has 5 re-bid zones and 3* only has 2), so before we can recommend a strategy we need to know what your maximum bid is.

It looks like there have been some 4* hotel wins reported at less than $80, so I wouldn't necessarily start at $80 as there is a chance at getting one for less.

Read this thread Priceline Re-bidding Explained to get a better idea of how the bidding procedure works. If you have any other questions let the board know and we'll help advise a strategy.

This is how I would bid it:

Use this link to get to PRICELINE

4* Downtown Vancouver - $75.

add re-bid zone - $80.

add re-bid zone - $85.

add re-bid zone - $90.

add re-bid zone - $95.

add re-bid zone - $100.

If that doesn't work close browser and start a new bid

3* Downtown Vancouver - $70.

add re-bid zone - $80.

add re-bid zone - $90.

If you are unsure which re-bid zones are safe you can double check them with the board first. But you need to be able to know how to check this before you bid.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Before bidding the above, HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Downtown West zone for $75/nite (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Intnernet, Business) which is a match for the Renaissance and that would be our best guess.

If this property is acceptable, you can lower your maximum bid to $75 (or a little less), start a little a lower, and also use smaller increments between your bids. If this is an acceptable option let us know if you need help adjusting the bidding bidding strategy/parameters above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again for the tips. I haven't got a chance to try the bid yet since I'm at work. However, I will definitely try once I am off of work.

I think I understand the concept of the re-bid zone. My understanding is that I should add a new zone that does not have a 4* hotel in it after each unsuccesful bid. Is that correct?

Thanks,

I am sorry to say I tried the following bidding and was not succesful on PriceLine:

4* Downtown Vancouver - $72.

add re-bid zone - $75.

add re-bid zone - $80.

add re-bid zone - $85.

add re-bid zone - $90.

add re-bid zone - $95.

Perhaps I will try again another day and it will work out.

Thanks for all of your assitance. I really like the re-bid zone concept.

Yeah, that's my fault. I didn't realize how HOTWIRE worked in that you had to jump on the deal right away. For some reason I thought it was the same as Priceline where you put in a bid. Now I know, so hopefully that deal comes up again. Thanks for all your help, if nothing I got some good re-bid zone practice out of it.

If a hotel like the Renaissance is acceptable to you, you should consider bidding for a room at the new 3.5* level. The only 3.5* hotels I've been able to find in Downtown Vancouver are the Renaissance (upgraded from 3*) and the Pacific Palisades (downgraded from 4*). If you decide to try this, you may want to start at about $65 and go up in $5 increments. Please feel free to ask us for a confirmation of your rebid zones before you start.

Hello,

I need help identifying a 2.5* hotel in Downtown Vancouver Entertainment District with the following amenities:

Restauraunt

High speed internet access

The price is $69, so I would also like to know if this is worth taking or if I should try to bid for something lower on PriceLine.

Thanks,

Imran

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]