Priceline Hotel: 3* Asheville Renaissance

Rach_Creates
By Rach_Creates,
in

I'm looking for a 3* or above hotel in Central Asheville -- near downtown -- for the weekend of October 3rd, unfortunately, hotwire isn't offering anything with that description right now. There is a 2.5* but honestly I'd rather get something a little better. Any ideas on how often they update their offers? Or should I continue to feverishly check back every 10 minuets :) Just curious if its daily or what. THANKS!

I'm going to give you the CYA answer and say that offers can be posted at anytime, however, checking back every 10 minutes is probably a little excessive.

In the meantime you may want to check other non-opaque options to see if there are any 3* hotels available for your dates. If you notice that there is no availability or the rates are really high then it may not be likely to see something come up on HOTWIRE since availability is really low.

Keep in mind that when you are checking other sites the star ratings may not be exact; i.e. a 3* on HOTWIRE may only be a 2.5* on say Expedia, and vice-versa. Just get a feel for what the hotel market is like for your dates. Doing a quick search on Expedia it does seem like many of the higher star hotels have been sold out for October 3.

I just got the Asheville Renaissance in downtown for $105 a night. Our trip is officially scheduled for Friday, October 3, 2008 to Sunday, October 5, 2008 -- this is peak season for that part of the state so I figured I'd have to go a little higher than some of the other bids I saw listed here for the past few months.

Initially I bid $60 and I went up in $5 increments until I got a confirmation! This is exciting! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to see you're happy with the outcome and that the previous posts on the board were helpful in your bidding.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]