OH Dayton Doubletree Downtown South

Ty Webb
By Ty Webb,
in

Review of the Double Tree Hotel in Downtown Dayton -

The hotel is an older building re-fitted to be a modern hotel. The room was a very plain box and there was only one mirror in the whole room in the bathroom. The bathroom was very, very small and two people could not be in the bathroom at the same time. I would estimate the bathroom to be 4 feet six inches by 6 feet six inches. That included room for the door to open inward into the bathroom Two people would have a hard time getting ready at the same time. The mirror fogged while you showered and there was no mirror except that one to look at.

I got the feeling they gave the worst rooms to Priceline people. There was almost no one in the hotel.

Pool on the 7th floor was nice and had huge windows with views of the Dayton skyline.

Cookies at check-in were great. Staff was decent. Valet staff on the way in didn't offer to help at all with luggage so they have a buck. The young valet at check out offered to help and was quick to get my car. They had no one else to wait on though.

The lobby was nice with older touches. It wasn't really big. Would be a good hotel for business travelers and family on a weekend when the city is not busy. The pool and exercise room were both very nice and well cared for.

Bed was comfortable and the TV was OK. There was a place in the TV Stand for a frig but there was none in the room. Space for a microwave too but none in the stand.

It was just a touch of a stretch to be 3*. I thought it was a very solid 2.5 *.

Ty

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]