Hotwire Hotel: Please help me ID 4* hotel in Merida 12/12-12/20/08

ronzo
By ronzo,
in

The hotel is listed as having a fitness center, pol, restaurant, business center, golf nearby and tennis. The price is only $59 which is less that the 2* and 3* places so I am wondering if it far from the city. I'm looking for something where we can be in the middle of the downtown area. Any suggestions??? Any help is appreciated. We don't want to spend more than $100/noc.

After searching through all the hotels in Merida on tripadvisor, I have narrowed it down to one that I think is a match. The Hyatt Regency Merida.

I'll explain how I came to that conclusion to give you some confidence. I went on HOTWIRE and searched for your dates, and the 4* hotel that came up matched the amenities you listed. It also mentioned that it has a 3.5 out of 5 traveler review rating based on 20+ reviews, with the latest review in May. This is what I used to find the hotel:

1) I looked at all hotels in Merida on tripadvisor with a 3.5 out of 5 traveler review rating with more than 20 reviews. There were only 3 such hotels that fit this criteria.

2) I then looked to see if the last review for any of them was in May 2008. Only the Hyatt Regency had a review in May 2008.

I am not familiar with the city so I cannot say if it is downtown or not. You can see a map of the hotel here:

http://merida.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hote...rid_ca_map_0508

There is always a possibility that it could be another hotel, but this is my best guess.

Use this HOTWIRE to start your purchase and let the board know the result. It would be a new hotel to add to the list.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]