Priceline Hotel: 3* Jacksonville (Downtown) Adams Mark Hotel

bpincary
By bpincary,
in

I started at $50, was rejected, added an area and was accepted at the Adam's Mark Hotel on the Riverfront in Jacksonville. It's apparently the host hotel for the 2005 Super Bowl and was a very nice 3-star.

We got 2 King rooms and added a rollaway with no problem at $15 extra. The rooms were very nice, and the rooftop pool and health club with the view of the river and downtown was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We parked in the adjacent parking deck for $10 for the night.

We were able to walk the beautiful Riverwalk only about 1/4 mile to the shops and restaurants at Jacksonville Landing. It was an excellent experience.

Your Offer Price: $55.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $110.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$21.80

Total Charges: $131.80

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sounds like you had a nice stay, thank you for sharing your experience and results with the rest of the board.

If you get a chance could you also add the date(s) of your stay, it may help in case there is seasonal and/or day-of-the-week pricing in effect in this area.

Thanks again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We stayed one night - Thursday July 8.

Thanks for pointing that out.. realized I forgot it once I sent the post.

The hotel had a lot of vacancy on a Thursday night, and is very convenient for folks traveling to and from Fla. on I-95 - only 2 minutes off the Interstate.

This is a monster 1,000 room hotel (the biggest in the city by over 600 rooms) that was until last week going to be sold to Marriott. Marriott backed out because they wanted some 7 figure tax incentives from the city of Jacksonville. The City declined since they gave $22,000,000 in incentives to help build the Adams Mark. Adams Mark's bottom line must be hurting with a hotel running 40% occupany if they are lucky. Yes, they have the Super Bowl but that's once every ten years.

Interesting post, thanks...

With the area as quiet as it was, we were wondering how they could keep such a big place going after the game comes and goes. There could not have been 30 vehicles in the parking deck.

On the other hand, at least for now it makes for a good bargain knowing that they're not too likely to have a full hotel on a given night without a big attraction locally.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]