Priceline Hotel: Need to book 5 hotel rooms in October

ghel0050
By ghel0050,
in

Hi there,

New to this forum and new to priceline. I read all the previous posts as well. My question is the following:

-Getting married in October and need to book 5 hotel rooms from October 12th-18th. Preferance is to get the King Edward hotel, second choice Sheraton Eaton Centre.

-I read the previous bids for those hotels and tried putting in $70 into priceline, 4 star hotel for the dates above. It didn't go through and locked out. This was a few days ago so I'm assuming today I can try again.

-Question is if I put 4 star hotel in Toronto, how can ensure (or can I?) King Edward? Secondly, what price point would you guys recommend given that $70 didn't go through (even though someone got it at a check in date 3 weeks before mine?)

THank you so much for all the help. I'll definitely help out this site and post my results as well as book through the PRICELINE links posted on here. THank you so much for all your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't target, or avoid, any hotels when using PRICELINE. If targetting a particular hotel is important for this stay then HOTWIRE may be a better option. HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, but you can take a guess as to the hotel you may received based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Searching HOTWIRE for 5rooms/10adults shows a 4.5* property in the Downtown West zone for $115/nite (best guess is the InterContinental Yorkville), so you're $95 bid is probably not too far off... do you want to try a little higher for a 4* hotel via PRICELINE OR drop to a 3* property?

As per above there is no way of knowing which 3* you may get... the Priceline Hotel List will provide a list of 3* properties which have been reported to the board, so this would be a good start, but you could always be the first to report a new hotel in this zone.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to help. (NOTE: it doesn't appear you're using your re-bid zones for your PRICELINE bids?)

PS- just noticed that you're looking for 5rooms for 11 adults... PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy so you're taking a risk that at least one room will be able to have 2 beds and/or hold triple occupancy. Given you're seeking 5 rooms it's quite possible at least one will be able to accomodate three people, but this isn't guaranteed, and a risk you at least need to be aware of/comfortable with

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]