Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (theater district) 10/2 - 10/5

kksmama
By kksmama,
in

I'd sure like to score the win another poster did for a similar time frame, the Hilton Times Square for $152. I could use some help on bidding, I really don't want to end up winning a small room since we will need two beds for the three of us. Would I be safe (not 100%, I know, but at least 75%?) if I restricted my bid to certain zones? Which ones? All suggestions appreciated! It is a girls weekend for my mom, sister and me; ideally we'd be able to walk to the theaters and TKTS booth.

Welcome to BetterBidding kksmama!

It's very easy to help you :) PRICELINE is the lesser option for you comparing to HOTWIRE

PRICELINE don't guarantee a room for 3 adults, only 2. Using PRICELINE for 3 adults in NYC is risky business. You can very well get a room with a king bed. And there is nothing that say that you will get the Hilton Times Square like the OP.

May I suggest that you take a look at HOTWIRE, it's easier to target a hotel on HOTWIRE and you know that you will get a room that takes 3 adults.

Take a look at the HOTWIRE zones and hotels and post back with your thoughts.

Good luck!

Yellowdog

Thanks for the quick reply! Hotwire had rooms at 412 per night in the theater district - ouch! I understand what you're saying about the rooms with Priceline; Hotwire would be safer.....but to save more than $200 per night we're willing to take the risk that someone ends up on a rollaway....or worse. A King bed would be okay for two of us, the only disastrous outcome is that the room only accommodates two people and there isn't any room for a rollaway. But again, at a certain level of savings I can sleep on an air mattress! And I'm hoping that the majority of rooms in the majority of 4* hotels can sleep 3 people, yes?

Rates are date specific so it's probably not a reasonable assumption that you would be able to duplicate the Priceline Win at the Hilton Times Square for $152/nite since that was a single Saturday nite near the end of the slow season (which admittedly hasn't been that slow this year) and your dates are for 3 nites a full month later (in a much busiers season for NYC). So if you're going to compare a potential PRICELINE winning bid (for double occupancy) vs. a HOTWIRE purchase (for triple occupancy) i think you need to assume a number higher than the $152/nite you're using.

There are many hotels at all star levels (including 4 star properties) which can only accomodate 2 people... and some of these will have no room for a rolloway (or an air mattess either).

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]