Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Omni Berkshire

markb
By markb,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding markb!

The board needs some more info to help you. Take some time and learn about the diffrent NYC zones. There is plenty of information on the board. also take a look at the zones at PRICELINE and HOTWIRE. We also need to know you minimum * level for the hotel.

And you should know that there's noting that say that you will get a twin room at PRICELINE. You can get a room with a king bed. NYC is famous for small rooms.

Now, do some research (it's fun!), you have plenty of time. Feel free to post with any question.

Good luck!

Yellowdog.

• 5 months later...

Yes, those areas you have in bold are free rebid zones for SOME 4* zones, such as MTW, MTE, and TS I believe. That is 7 nights, so are you saying your budget per night is maximum 71 pounds (about $102)? $102 is low but certainly possible for a 4*, I just won one for $105. But 7 night stays are tricky. Here is a current similar thread for a 7 night stay with a $90 budget: Priceline NYC I leave the rest to the experts!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Which zones are you willing to accept? In US dollars, what is your maximum budget per nite before taxes and fees? Did you want to try for a 4* hotel first up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3.5*, then if rejected try for a 3*... or are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better property for this stay?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i would like my maximum budget to be 100 dollars a night. i would prefer a 4 stars but if couldnt get it for maximum 100 dollars try a 3.5 and then 3 stars. please advise a stratedgy and yes i will use ur PRICELINE links. also i note somebody got a 7 day deal in april for 90 dollars a night. wot do u think are my chances of getting that samed eal

Most midtown zone(s) work fine for the average users... however i would probably avoid the MTE zone when bidding below the 4* level as you begin to get hotels which are a little further away from the subway.

We'll try for a 4* first up to your limit, but i'll add that if you could strech your budget another $5, $10, $15, or $20 per nite think it would increase your chances for a 4* hotel, but i don't know how strict your is, so let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level i would think that MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB, and Times Square would all work out fine for your needs, but you should doublecheck PRICELINE's zones of these areas to confirm that you'd be fine receiving a hotel in any of the shaded boundaries which define each zone.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB, and TS zones (you can leave off any zone you don't wish to include)...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

whoppee i won!!! 2nd to 9th of April i used your PRICELINE links and followed your advice above.

got Omni Berkshire Place

21 East 52Nd Street Madison Avenue

New York, NY 10022

$115 dollars a night plus tax total 961 dollars. cheapest on omni website was a total of 1785.63!!!! THANK YOU! thank you! (i saw someone got this one for 99 dolars is that because he was maybe only staying 2 days!) anyway a big thanks! oh i saw i could claim a reward or something? what exactly is this and since i live in the uk can i still get it??

Congratulations on your success!

Glad it worked out well for you and you're happy with the results.

The "priceline reward" is run by another company and they automatically sign you up for a monthly subscription with a recurring monthly fee... they can often be tough to cancel and or people forget about them until they sit down one day to analyze their credit card statement and realize they've been paying for months.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]