Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Times Square-Theatre District) Crowne Plaza Times Square

lele
By lele,
in

Hello all, I am new to PRICELINE and or HOTWIRE and was wondering if you can give me any suggestions on how to get a great deal for a hotel in NYC, this is what I would like please let me know if possible and how I should go about it.

Thanks

Times Square or Theater District

Oct 16th-Oct 19th---3 nights

3 or 4 star

around $175-$200 per night

Thanks for your advice

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above is one zone, and i think your chances of winning a 3* or better hotel in this zone within your $200 budget is very low. We'll suggest a strategy for you to follow if this is the only zone you're willing to accept and your budget is firm, but i would suggest considering other zones to improve your chances (although it may not help as many hotels are going for more than $200/nite for your dates above)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok I have been reading around this forum and think that I have figured out the strategy if I were to ask for lets say either a 4* or a 3*, however I was wondering would it be better off to start off with only 4 star and if I get nothing do the whole strategy over using 3 stars? Thanks

Thank you for your reply, I would have liked to stay only in that zone. I my budget could go to $300 max. (including taxes). could you help me out with a strategy, I would greatly appreciate it. Is there a better time to do this, maybe at night or early morning? Thanks

$300 post fees and taxes is ~$255/nite. My guess is that you're going to need to add alternate zones when it's all said and done, but you have nothing to lose by trying first only for the Times Squar zone (also, if you haven't yet, see our comments regarding Hotels Near Times Square)

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Times Square-Theater District...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Times Square-Theater District and re-bid zone5...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $205, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Times Square-Theater District and re-bid zone6...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $230, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Times Square-Theater District and re-bid zone5 and re-bid zone6...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $255.

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected post back and we'll revise to try again for a 3 star property.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Note that rates are nearly $500/nite at this property for your dates above, so with demand so high there is probably little reason for this hotel to offer the opaque suppliers deeply discounted rooms at 50% off.

At the 3* level you have three re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3* Times Square...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Times Square and re-bid zone2...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Times Square and re-bid zone3...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Times Square and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $210

I'd start with the above and if rejected we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List... we only have information regarding hotels reported to the board.

If you want to try again tomorrow, using $225 as your limit, you can try again as follows:

Select 3* Times Square...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Times Square and re-bid zone2...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $205, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Times Square and re-bid zone3...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $215, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Times Square and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $225

Thank you will do, I will keep you updated. Thanks again

Just FYI in the mean time I booked the Milford Plaza at $957.00 for the three nights $1088.00 with taxes and fees, not my choice but I back up in case I don't find anything, they to have a 24 hour cancellation policy.

I would certainly expand your horizons beyond the Times Square zone before taking the Milford Plaza for $300+/nite.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* property in the Times Square zone for $279/nite with Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business icons. These amenities are common for a 'big city' hotel but they do match what has previously been reported for the Crowne Plaza. As well, the hotel shows a TripAdvisor rating of 3.0/5.0 with 300+ reviews and this too is consistent with the Crowne Plaza. Of course no guarantees, but if this is the hotel you were trying for above, perhaps something you'd want to consider.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you were success and received the hotel you were hoping for.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... we're glad the board was helpful in your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]