IL Chicago Suburbs Extended StayAmerica Vernon Hills

angelmum3
By angelmum3,
in

Had an electric outage and a daughter needed to email a teacher a book report - so we pricelined the hotel at the Library - Wanted a Vernon Hills Hotel, checked that area, only 2* was available, won at $40 the Extended Stay America, and altho there is an ESA in Vernon Hills, this was for one listed in Buffalo Grove - which made a bad day go worse, if your familiar with morning traffic, and of course knowing ESA usually gives one bed to pl wins...

I tried to call PL as BG is outside the bid area I requested - they agreed to "cancel" but the cancellation fee is $35! Again, apparently Buffalo Grove is in the Vernon Hills map area, but the library computer wasnt loading correctly, and I felt pressured to help dd get her homework done - it was a nightmare - -

I called the BG ESA and they felt they could transfer my ressie to Vernon Hills, I called VH ESA to find out they only had a smoking King room... which went from bad choice to worse possible choice - at this point I knew my $50 was done, and dd just would skip school...

I called BG to see if they had transferred the ressie, they hadnt, and I explained the smoking room, he was very kind and patient, and I appreciate his listening to the ramblings of this old woman!!

We got to ESA at 7pm (its located off of Milwaukee/45 and near a new hospital - we missed it) and the Front Desk Manager swapped the key out of the card, and explained he was giving me an upgrade!!

So I post this long diatribe to others that you do have to be cautious and wary of 2* hotels with ESA - but never look beyond the kindness of strangers!!

As for the room, it was a room, we needed more blankets, and tried not to notice the stain on the bedspread - we were able to go to the front desk for towels and blankets. we were there just for one night. I believe you have to request for housekeeping in advance...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]