AlSleet
By AlSleet,
in

Started bidding at $40 for a 3* - Declined

Bid $35 for 2 1/2 * - Declined

$35 for 2* Accepted

Detailes:

Econo Lodge Branson [2-Star]

[Remote control TV w/ premium channels] [Telephone w/ messaging] [Radio Alarm Clock]

Branson

230 South Wildwood Drive

Branson, Missouri 65616

417-336-4849

Reservation Information:

Check-In Date: Thu, Jul 22, 2004

Check-In Time: After 02:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Fri, Jul 23, 2004

Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price: $35.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $35.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$10.47

Total Charges: $45.47

I was not overly thrilled with this hotel and as a rule prefer not to bid less than 3* unless I have a good idea of what I'll get. In reality I had hoped to end up with La Quinta or one of the Best Westerns in town.

However, the prices for this one night in Branson were running on the high side. The Econo Lodge was going for $54 on Orbitz. Motel 6 was $49 and I believe Travelodge was $46, so I don't feel so bad about the price I'm paying.

We had planned on arriving in Branson on Friday rather than Thursday but, our schedules at work allowed us to get out of town one night earlier. So now we'll drive to Branson when we get off work on Thursday, get a good nights sleep on the cheap and be ready to go Friday morning. Getting a full extra day of a mini vacation/long weekend is worth $35 and a night at the Econo Lodge. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.

I just can't get over the fact that an Econo Lodge is rated 2*! If you find the time to write a review after your stay, I for one would be very interested in reading it...

Hope you have a ball in Branson!

DeltaPurser :)

On a Branson discussion forum, I found someone else who got this hotel for $34. Looks like I might have paid $1 to much. :)

This particular econolodge is one of the gold medal motels for the chain which has Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, et.... I suppose that's why it's a 2*? Personally, I was surprised it was rated 2* as well. The web site pictures of this Econolodge looks nicer than most I've seen so it will be interesting to see what it's like. The area it's in is resonably convenient for us so it will work. Especially since it's only one night.

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted of review of this hotel in the review section. The hotel did provied many extra's like a continental breakfast, swimming pool, hot tub, laundry room and game room but it was still a basic 1* hotel room similar to most Motel 6 rooms I've stayed in. Unfortunately for me, I'm interested more in the quality of the room rather than all the "extra's" which apparently turned this 1* hotel into a 2* hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]