Car Rental Question

Randi
By Randi,
in

Good Evening-

When you get the final price when bidding on PL/HW is that it for car rental? I get insurance through my CC, so I think the rental insurance is a waste, but no matter what I always end up paying more for a rental car than I was quoted.

Pretend I am bringing the car back full of gas. Could I walk out at the price I pay today when I bid?

This makes a big difference right now. I bid once and didn' get it, so I was going to go up to $5 more per day.

I can get $150 through the companies, and @ $20 a day my end price was $120.

I come in @ 9. but leave @ 6am, so it's 3 days nine hours. I could get Avis for $109 if I was picking up the car @ noon, but the promo I have won't work for less than four days. SO basically I have their car less time, but they are charging me more.

I was wondering if I booked it @ noon but called and said I couldn't make it until 9, if I could get the promo price. $40 could buy me lots of trinkets at WDW.

Thanks!

It's probaby the taxes and 'airport recovery fees' (et al) which you're not including in what you are expecting to pay.... these fees and taxes can often almost double the base rate. These amounts should be included in the total amount that PRICELINE shows you on the bid confirmatino screen, just before you submit your bid amount.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]