Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (CPS) Hudson Hotel

idolmind86
By idolmind86,
in

I'm going to NY for a week 9/17 - 9/22 and am finding that Wednesday and Thursday night are prohibitively expensive. I can find good rates for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night but can't seem to find good deals for the first leg of the trip.

I've resigned to staying out of the city the first two nights to save some money. I'm flying in to JFK and want to find something closer to the city but don't know much about surrounding areas. Any suggestions on a bidding strategy to land something close to, but not in the city? I'm thinking a 2-3 start hotel and would like to spend less than 200 a night.

Also, I'm planning on bidding on PRICELINE for my weekend leg of the stay and will update the thread with my results soon.

Edit:

I bid on a hotel in zones CPS, MTW, and TS for 9/19 - 9/22 and got The Hudson Hotel in CPS for 200 a night. Might have overbid a bit but was trying higher and failing a week or two ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]