Priceline Hotel: 3* Salem NH-Andover MA (Billerica-Tewksbury) Doubletree Lowell

Chris L. in New York
By Chris L. in New York,
in

I consistently get this great hotel for this awesome price.

Using the Betterbidding PRICELINE link:

Bid $38 for 2/5* in the Billerica/Tewksbury zone

Was upgraded to a 3*

Won the Doubletree in Lowell for $38

This is a great hotel however, the last time I won this on Priceline, they sold my room and relocated us to the Wyndham in Billerica (another nice hotel). I've been trying to get an answer from Priceline as to whether this was kosher or not but having gotten a reply to my email or phone call.

This was the first time I've encountered this inconvenience from the Doubletree as I've stayed there several times without a problem.

Congratulations on your win!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

...they sold my room and relocated us to the Wyndham in Billerica (another nice hotel)
In the industry this is referred to as "getting walked" and typically the hotel will pay for cab fare to the other property and the stay for that nite should be free (you won't pay the hotel you ultimately stay at and you should get a refund for the nite you did book)... follow-up further with PRICELINE and you can tell them that you were 'walked'.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]