Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

chryssc
By chryssc,
in

We were indifferent between staying in North Michigan Avenue ("NMA") or Millenium Park ("MP"). Preferred a 4* hotel but would have been okay w/ a 3* hotel. I wasn't in a big hurry as I gave myself 3 weeks to find a room which allowed for a methodical bidding strategy. Can't remember the published rates for rooms that weekend but can say roughly speaking that 4* hotels in the NMA/GP area were going for $150 - $175 / evening on the most inexpensive night and 3* hotels were listed @ $112 (for a single hotel) - $154.

First set of bids ... 03 Aug 2008

4*, $60 - NMA - rejected

4*, $65 - NMA & Midway - rejected

4*, $70 - NMA, Midway & Skokie - rejected

4*, $65 - NMA, MP, Midway & Skokie - rejected

3*, $55 - NMA - rejected

3*, $60 - NMA, MP - rejected

Second set of bids ... 04 Aug 2008

4*, $65 - NMA - rejected

4*, $70 - NMA & Midway - rejected

4*, $75 - NMA, Midway & Skokie - rejected

4*, $65 - NMA, MP, Midway & Skokie - accepted

Hyatt Regency Chicago

Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area

151 East Wacker Drive

Chicago, Illinois 60601

312-565-1234

Priceline Tax details ...

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $70.00

Subtotal: $210.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $40.75

Total Charges*: $250.75

Would appreciate any assistance in finding a reasonable place to park the car close to the hotel.

You can park in the Millennium Park lot for about $23-25. That is a few blocks South of your hotel.

The Sterling Self-Park below is a popular lot, but it would be a bit more of a walk from your hotel. Probably about 10-15 minutes or so, but a nice walk. The rates currently are somewhat more than what they are below - you'd have to call to get the exact prices. I haven't parked there myself (don't drive), but if you can get the cheap weekend rate, it would be worth the extra walk (at least I think.)

The Sterling Self-Park Garage

(located between Clark and LaSalle on Kinzie)

$24 per day

In by 7 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $14

In by 9 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $18 per day

After 3 p.m. and weekends - $6

Thank you for the advice. Reading thru the forum further these alternatives seemed to be the ones that were the most inexpensive (assuming one wants to park downtown). There's also the alternative of parking in a lot during the day and on the street in the evening, which may be a lot more inconvenience than it is worth.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]