Hotwire Hotel: Help 3* Miami (Airport) 8/24/08 to 8/29/08

islegirl
By islegirl,
in

Hi, I am new here and love this site! I have searched through many forums, but was unable to match 2 hotwire options to the posted hotels. Can someone help me?

I have the following:

3.5* $62, shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, biz center, internet ( I believe this is the Miami Mart based on other posts)

3* $64, shuttle, fitness, pool, biz center, laundry, internet

2.5* $76, shuttle, pool, complimentary breakfast, biz center, golf

I am trying to figure out the 3* and 2.5* hotels, and was really hoping for a suite instead of a regular room, but I did not get an "S" in the amenity list. Does this mean that it is definitely not a suite hotel?

Thanks in advance for any help!

IsleGirl

It looks like the hotels with the amenities you have listed are not available today on HOTWIRE. Just checking right now I see:

3*: fitness, pool, internet

2.5*: suite, fitness, laundry, internet

The 2.5* seems to be a match to the Extended Stay Deluxe (7750 NW 25th Street),. The 3* could theoretically match a number of places with what I am seeing today so I wont make a guess, maybe someone else on this board would like to add something.

With the amenities you listed yesterday, I would say that the closest match would be the Holiday Inn. These are my best guess.

Use this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know what happens.

Thanks for the assistance! :)

Well, I would like to be in a central 826 and 836 area because this is more of a shopping trip, so I was looking into the airport and Miami Lakes area, but not much came up for Miami Lakes. I don't want to go into downtown, or South of the Airport, or to the Beach. Is there another area you would recommend? And my dates just got condensed - it is now 8/25 to 8/29.

Checking back today using this HOTWIRE link did bring up different options from yesterday, but I think I liked yesterday's choices better...there is a $79 4* option for Miami airport with shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, biz center, laundry, internet, golf. I am thinking this is either the Sofitel or Hilton, but since both those hotels also have tennis courts, and that doesn't show as an amenity, I'm a little lost as to whether it could be another hotel. I will have 2 younger kids with me (7 and 4 years), so I don't want to do the Sofitel.

I will keep checking and let you know what I book.

After clicking the "continue" button in HOTWIRE , the tennis amenity does appear. So now I will just need to narrow it down, and I think I can definitely cross off the Sofitel based on the TripAdvisor rating (also shown on the "continue" page).

The options I had received on Monday afternoon are once again appearing. But I will wait a little longer to see if I can get a suite. It is not looking too promising, though.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]