Priceline Hotel: Help Requested

jennj99738
By jennj99738,
in

I am brand new to both this Forum and Priceline. Using the tips from the website, I have been trying to get a 4* hotel for this weekend Friday through Monday, 8/22-8/25. A spur of the moment decision to go to SF for a mental health break.

Anyway, I have bid and rebid all of the zones up to $125 but no luck. I guess it's my bad luck that this seems to be a popular weekend. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on what to do next?

I would be willing to try a boutique hotel if it were in a safe area for a single woman to get to at night as far as public transport. Same for a 3* hotel. I'm not very picky but it would have been nice to get a 4* for around $125.

Thank you!

Welcome to Better Bidding!

Hotwire prices for both Boutique and 4 star hotels in San Francisco are $200-$300 per night. Those prices are a pretty good indication that SF is very heavily booked this weekend, and probably the reason you've been unsuccessfull on Priceline for $125. It's simply going to take a higher bid, in my opinion, before you'll find success.

Kimpton Boutique Hotels, however, is having a summer SF sale. The Prescott Hotel, which is a 4 star hotel on both Priceline and Hotwire is currently available for $129 per night for 8/22 to 8/25. Here is the link. Be sure the promo code SF5 is entered in order to get the discount pricing. As info, I checked the Harbor Court hotel first, however they are sold out. The next best option is the Prescott. The Prescott is right in the heart of Union Square.

http://www.kimptonhotels.com/landing-pages...e_2008.aspx#TRI

Incidentally, the Prescott is $279 per night on Expedia, which indicates what a terrific sale Kimpton is having!

Good luck and I hope you get to make your weekend trip to San Francisco for that mental health break!

Beav- Thank you so much for the information! Silly me for thinking that the weekend BEFORE Labor Day weekend would be less busy. Unfortunately, the deal on the Prescott was gone by the time I read your response. I did reserve a room there for $169 but it is on the Club level. I think I'll try adding a boutique to a PRICELINE bid and see if I can get a hotel for a little less but if not, I'll take the Prescott.

Thanks again for the info. It was extraordinarily helpful!

Glad the Kimpton sale was of help. Too bad, though, the $129 non-club level rooms went so quickly. As info, the Prescott is now coming up as sold out on Kimpton's site for your travel dates, so I'm glad you reserved the club level room when you did.

Keep us posted if you're ultimately successful with either 4 star or boutique on PRICELINE.

Enjoy your weekend!

I was unsuccessful in getting anything thru Priceline. I bid up to $135 for 4* and boutique but wasn't willing to go any higher because I thought I would be better off with the Prescott. I can't cancel the Prescott after 6 PM tonight so I won't be able to try PL tomorrow. It looks like a fantastic hotel, though, so I'm moderately happy. :)

I would have been happier if it were $129 :)

I'll be sure to try PRICELINE again in the future and come back here for advice.

Thanks again,

Jennifer

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]