Priceline Hotel: 3* MTE, MTW, CPS

DDSeeker
By DDSeeker,
in

Began all bids through PRICELINE link at BB.com.

Bid up to $320 for a 3* in MTE, MTW and CPS. Failed. I know this is a tough time in NYC, but I still would have thought I'd hit somewhere.

Have yet to make alternative plans. My three choices are

• The Buckingham Hotel for $326 on EasyClickTravel. The Buckingham is a "on request" room.
    Eastgate Tower for ~$315 on
GTA Hotels. This is a little far from where I want to be and is often considered a 2.5* property
Keep bidding on PRICELINE

Any suggestions?

Given the tight demand i wouldn't expect the EacyClickTravel hotel with 'on request' status to come thru for you. (it may, but i wouldn't expect it to)

Is adding the ESB zone an option? Lowering your star rating? SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID? Where is it that you need to be for this stay? (in that you say the Eastgate Tower sn't close t where you need to bdi)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have two conferences ... one at the Waldorf Astoria (Park & 50th) and the other at Madison & 50th. I'm going to schedule other meetings that are typically in the upper 50s in MTE.

I've put in my request for the Buckingham. I agree that the Buckingham is unlikely since it is an EasyClickTravel "on request" (those have never worked for me). It effectively freezes me for 24 hours as I wait for EasyClickTravel to respond.

I don't want to drop below 3*. I kind of like the idea of a spacious room at the Eastgate Tower, but I really do view that as a 2.5*, so that is a big negative.

I'd be willing to bid Empire State zone if I had confidence I wouldn't be on the southern half of the zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]