Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (USE) Club Quarters

GoingCA
By GoingCA,
in

Rates are somewhat high for your dates... although a few hotels are 'inline' at mid-$200's, many are $350-$400+.

With 2 months to go before your stay i wouldn't chase this and would find a suitable back-up. Use our BetterChecker and/or Quickbook for help in finding a suitable hotel to use for a back-up (the Marriott, please use the search at BetterChecker) is 'just' $249/nite and that seemed decent compared to other rates i was seeing elsewhere (the Westin had a $223/nite rate but that was non-cancellable)... then continue to try PRICELINE and HOTWIRE twice a week or so for the next 2-3 weeks, then increase to every other day until 3 weeks before your stay at which point it gets a bit more 'serious'.

If you're not comfortable with a $200+ back-up hotel and want to book something, i do think you have a good chance at amounts you have already bid if you're willing to drop a star level... although i wouldn't necessarily recommend this 2 months before your arrival.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Took the advice to go down to 3*, and bid for USE using Civic and Lombard as free bid zone.

first bid $115 - USE and Civic - rejected

second bid $125 - added Lombard - successful for Club Quarters

Not too sure about this property as it gets mixed reviews at Tripadvisor.

Good thing is that I got my hotel bookings done for my SF and LA trips, so now can focus on planning the rest of stuff.

Thanks for the advice and I used the PRICELINE link here.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see your success at levels lower than you previously bid and that your plans are now settled and you can now focus on other aspects of your trip. (there is a 5% off coupon at our sister site Things To Do 411.com which expires at the end of the month, if anything there interests you)

I think the consensus on the Club Quarters is that it's clean and basic... nothing to write home about but if effectively gets the job done.

Thank you for sharing your win wiht the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]