Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

venter
By venter,
in

Hello,

I made a winning bid of $70 for the sheraton centre this morning. I used the quick bid Strategy

I started with $60 bid for Downtown and was rejected

I added a new zone (oakville) and increased bid to $62 and was rejected

I added another zone (mississauga) and increased bid to $64 and was rejected

I added another zone (bramton) and increased bid to $70 and was accepted

I was ubable to go back with the browser and deselect a zone so i had to continue adding zones till i was accepted.

I quickly jumped to $70 as i was starting to run out of zones that did not have 4 star hotels and i felt confident that my bid would be accepted after reading lightcrafters message.

Also , I used the link from this site to get to PRICELINE.com

Thanks very much,

Great advise on here and I've save over 120 euro for my three nights.

Go raibh mile a mhaith agat aris.

Congratulations on your win!

We have moved your post to its own topic, can you please add the date(s) of your stay to this thread so that we can add this information to the topic title and enable this thread to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

When re-bidding, PRICELINE will not allow you to deselect a zone, but you can use a workaround by closing your browser, re-accessing PRICELINE (using our PRICELINE link) and then starting 'fresh' and only selecting the zones you want. You still can't makae a duplicate bid, but it doesn't allow you to maximize youre re-bid zones and do the following:

Bid ZoneA

Bid ZoneA and ZoneB

(close browser)

Bid ZoneA and ZoneC

Bid ZoneA and ZoneB and ZoneC

The more re-bid zones you have the more permutations you have and the re-bids you can make for the same dates. Any questions regarding the above feel free to ask.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here are my details. Is that it so?? all i have to do now is show up at the hotel with my Hotel Confirmation number?

Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

Downtown Toronto

123 Queen Street West

Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9

Check-In Date:

Mon, Sep 1, 2008 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Thu, Sep 4, 2008 / 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$70.00

Subtotal: US$210.00

Taxes & Service Fees: US$37.88

Total Charges: US$247.88

Yes, every time you close the browser you are essentially starting a whole new bid. So that means entering all the information over again. A little bit of a pain, but the extra re-bids are worth it.

And yes, you're all set to go once you've reached that page, just show up to the hotel. BTW, it's a great hotel that's located right in the heart of downtown Toronto, an excellent location, very close to everything. It also has one of the largest pools I have ever seen in a hotel (and it's heated). I actually stayed there just a couple weeks ago after winning it off Priceline.

Quick Question: If I close the browser and re-open it, do I have to complete the personal details page each time ...credit card details,address,phone etc?

If you set up a profile you don't need to re-enter the info each time :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]