Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Marriott Downtown

girlofloyalty
By girlofloyalty,
in

No rebid zones for 3*. I first bid $58 for 8/15. PL said I could counter with $17 more. I tried to counter for $64. It wouldn't let me. I was mad for a bit, since Embassy Suites (I believe) was offered on hotwire for $74.

I thought about it and decided, free breakfast notwithstanding, I didn't want Embassy Suites (because I've just spent a week at one in another city in the last two weeks. Good chain, just not excited about it right now.)

So I took their counteroffer and rebid for $75. Shockingly, they found a hotel to accept it. The Marriott Downtown. I was given the option to extend my stand for a night for this price.

I had planned to use points to stay at a hotel on Saturday night, but decided they were worth more than $75. So I bid for $64 for 8/16/08 and got the same hotel.

Of course, I could have played this better by (1) just waiting 72 hours to rebid (but I'm impatient, and that's quite close to my trip) or (2) deciding earlier not to use points and rebid by changing my dates.

Oh well. You live and learn, and it's still a substantial savings over anything else I could get on the web for those two nights.

Oh, the actual dates I won were 8/15 and 8/16, despite the title.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]