Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Orlando (Winter Park) La Quinta

kewl-1
By kewl-1,
in

Tried 3* $33 at airport, rejected. Changed to 2.5* and $30, also rejected. Added Winter Park and increased to $35 (I thought Winter Park did not have a Priceline 2.5*, so essentially would be a free bid...but I was wrong). Accepted at La Quinta Inn Winter Park. Not where I wanted to stay :)

Your Offer Price: $35.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $35.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$10.52

Total Charges: $45.52

Sorry to hear of your bidding error... eventually it happens to all of us. At least it is only for one nite! :)

For anyone else following along and wondering how to properly check re-bids, from RE-BIDS EXPLAINED:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is a former Holiday Inn located just off the exit from I-4. LQ did a nice job renovating it. All interior corridors. Too bad they couldn't renovate the neighboorhood.

I made this same mistake a few months ago but called Priceline and told them I bid the wrong zone and they refunded it no ?'s asked. I know this one is for tonight and it's a holiday at PL CS but it might be worth a try.

Yep, should have checked the Winter Park star availability before adding it...force of habit as I've used Winter Park as a free bid many times before.

Since I live only 50 minutes east of the airport, driving to Winter Park tonight and then to the airport in the morning really doesn't make sense, so I'm biting the 45 bucks to stay home in my own neighborhood (I know what you mean, runNgun!). So I won't be able to give you any reviews (be it rave or otherwise) for this property. I'll leave it to some other adventurous traveler. :)

Thanks for running a cool board, thereuare!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]