Priceline Hotel: Need Help Bidding...3* Seattle Downtown or Airport

socallin
By socallin,
in

i've been bidding for almost a week now (using your PRICELINE link) sometimes bidding

up to $95/night for Downtown and Airport zones with no luck.

i need 2 rooms for 2 nights (08/26-08/28) for my family [2 adults + 2 kids, 3yr + 5yr] +

my parents.

we will have a rented a mini-van, so ideal location would be Downtown or Seattle Airport zone...even 2.5* @ lake union is fine (i've bidded up to $80 with no luck).

i've seen some people win airport zones @ $60/night...i'm wondering how come i can't seem to win that rate :)

is it because i need 2 rooms? should i bid on 1 room @ a time? but then again i wouldn't want us to get separate hotels from my elderly parents.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

tia

Welcome to BetterBidding!

i've seen some people win airport zones @ $60/night...i'm wondering how come i can't seem to win that rate
Rates are date specific. Picking a previous Seattle win at random i see this PRICELINE WIN at $60 and checking rates at the winning hotel, the Hilton Airport's best rate is $167/nite... same rate for your date at this property is $206 (indicating stronger demand for your nites)

With teh above noted if you intend to do the 'touristy' things do you really want to stay by the airport? It's a bit of a hike to Downtown, parking is a pain, and traffic can be as well... a very different vacation vs. walking out of your hotel and already being in the downtown area.

What is your maximum bid for each zone/star level that you're bidding? Do you have a back-up reservation anywhere? (if so, where and how much)

One last note is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, so it is possible that you could receive rooms with only one bed in each (even though you need quad occupancy in one of them... just a warning to make sure you're comfortable with this risk)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i guess my rates would be a little higher because it's just a few days before labor day weekend...stronger demand for hotels as you said.

with that in mind, i'm willing to settle for DT 2.5* to have a better chance of winning since i've seen others win DT 3* @ $120 per the win calendar.

my max bid for 2.5* / 3* would be $95/night/room.

3* airport zone is fine as well. so parents can take shuttle instead of leaving with us and waiting around the airport waiting for their flight to depart.

max bid...$95 for 3*.

as far as back-up, i have a few options:

- stay with aunt who lives in south seattle

- stay with cousin (aunt's daughter) who has a house all to herself in bellevue, i believe

- stay @ naval lodge everett (dad is USN Retired) for $58/nite

^none of the above options i really want to do...although staying @ the naval base isn't too bad. per google only 20 miles away from downtown. we'll just

deal with traffic and parking. i'll remind dad to bring his handicap placard.

i'm ready to bid since it's been over 24 hours from my last bid...i'll wait for advice.

thanks for a great site!

To confirm...

You want to try for a 3* in either the Airport or Downtown zones with a maximum bid of $95? (and just to make sure i'm aware, you have already bid for both of these zones at the 3* level up to $95 earlier in the week, correct?) Are these the only two zones acceptable at the 3* level?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

argh! this is frustrating.

bidded earlier for 3* Downtown started @ $110 rejected

added bothell $115 rejected

added everett $120 rejected

added lynwood $130 rejected!...

i also tried 2.5* lake union $135 rejected

added everett $145 rejected.

i think i'll aim for bellevue zone instead...

must be a busy week in seattle the week i'm there :)

Quickbook has a few hotels for your dates in the Downtown and Airport zones at under $125/nite... the star rating may not be there, but you may want to consider one of them as a cancellable back-up which may make bidding a little less anxious.

Also note that HOTWIRE has a 3.5* Downtown-Pike Place hotel for $159/nite (best guess is the Silver Cloud Inn on Broadway) so your bidding may not be too far off.

Did you not include the Airport zone in your latest round of bidding?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Quickbook link if you go that route)

Keep us updated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]