Priceline Hotel: North Phoenix Hotel Reservation Help (Oct 19 - Oct 22)

andyrewne
By andyrewne,
in

I'm attending a conferenct at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge from Oct 19 - Oct 22. However, conference rates are $255/night plus a $25 resort fee. My phoenix geography is non-existent, so I'm asking for help. I'd like to reserve a hotel somewhere nearby and spend around $150/night. Does anyone know the exact area that would be on Priceline and if my priceline amount is reasonable. Ideally I would like to be within 5 miles or so and I would like a 3* or better hotel. Thanks so much.

Here is the location of the JW Marriott: MAP

Comparing this to PRICELINE's map, the northern part of each of the Metrocetner, Phoenix North, and Scottsdale zones is fairly close to this lcoation, but the issue is that the zones are quite large from North/South... and if you end up in the Southern part of the zone you could be much further away than 5 miles.

In a situation such as this HOTWIRE may be a better option since you can often take an educated guess as to the hotel before your purchase, and therefore take a guess as to the location (vs. PRICELINE where you can't take a guess and can end up anywhere in the zone... and it could be in the Southern part of the zones where you'd be much further away than you wish)

I did find what i think is the Embassy Suites, but it's 12 miles away and google puts it at 15 minutes (up to 25 minutes in traffic)... not sure if that would work for your needs of ir you'd like to continue your pursuit.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It was on HOTWIRE, but doesn't appear on a current search for your dates.

If you're willing to drive 15-20 miltes (driving 20-30 minutes) then HOTWIRE has a LOT of options at various star ratings and price points.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and if the above distance is acceptable what type of star rating are you looking for?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

andyrewne,

As someone who works out in North Scottsdale (about 5 miles from the JW Desert Ridge), I would definitely recommend sticking to "NORTH Scottsdale" area only. What may be 15-20 MILES away, could easily be a 30-45 minute drive, and there is a full range of hotels in the N. Scottsdale area (you wouldnt want to stay in Old Town Scottsdale, if you needed to be up in the Desert Ridge area, so you might want to instead stay at a lower priced 3 star in N. Scottsdale). On the flip side, October is PRIMO tourist time, so rates are going to be pretty high. Just an FYI.

I checked HOTWIRE and there is a 4 star - North Scottsdale for $129 a night Resort, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Interent, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Children's Activities, Laundry, which very possibly could be the Westin Kierland Spa and Villas, which is about 5 miles from the JW, might be a good 1/2 price off JW option for ya!

andyrewne,

As someone who works out in North Scottsdale (about 5 miles from the JW Desert Ridge), I would definitely recommend sticking to "NORTH Scottsdale" area only. What may be 15-20 MILES away, could easily be a 30-45 minute drive, and there is a full range of hotels in the N. Scottsdale area (you wouldnt want to stay in Old Town Scottsdale, if you needed to be up in the Desert Ridge area, so you might want to instead stay at a lower priced 3 star in N. Scottsdale). On the flip side, October is PRIMO tourist time, so rates are going to be pretty high. Just an FYI.

I checked HOTWIRE and there is a 4 star - North Scottsdale for $129 a night Resort, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Interent, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Children's Activities, Laundry, which very possibly could be the Westin Kierland Spa and Villas, which is about 5 miles from the JW, might be a good 1/2 price off JW option for ya!

Thanks so much for the suggestions. After your email, I had a heart-to-heart with the employer and they decided to foot the expensive resort rates. We don't want to be driving 45 minutes each morning. I just booked my room straight through the Marriott. I really appreciate all of the help this board has given me over the years.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]