Priceline Hotel: 5* or 4* hotel north strip 9/23-9/27

missingalias
By missingalias,
in

Like the FAQs direct, I would do some research on what the hotels' retail rates are. From the proprietary websites (harrahs.com, MGM hotels' linking site and Venetian/Palazzo and Trump websites). Make sure you click on the deals/specials/hot rates links as these may be pretty good rates vs the standard rates. I would also take a gander at Hotwire, as Priceline generally has similar inventory (you can bid/win cheaper on PL) and this should be somewhat of an indicator. The other factor you should consider is whether you can split your stay -- i.e. say you get a great rate for Wed-Thurs at Venetian/Trump, would you be alright moving to, say, the Mirage for Fri-Sat where the rates typically are sky-high for 4-5 stars (especially 5 stars ... often in the $300 range). Overall budget (preferred and max) should be considered as well.

Hope this helps...I'm sure thereuare will have more specific insight, but you need to do some legwork to get an idea of what's out there and at what price before proceeding Especially when you don't want to "win" at what you think is a great rate and then find out that a direct rate was cheaper (recently a colleague blindly was successful for another city for $20/night more and then was vowing how horrible PL was and how she'd never use PL again).

Good luck

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It would be nice to know what kind of prices others have gotten for the dates. Has anyone booked a room for the dates already?
See our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.
I'm also a first time PRICELINE user and would like to know if it's better to wait that the dates come closer
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? What is your maximum bid (per nite before taxes and fees) for this stay? Are you willing to pay more for a 5* hotel vs. a 4* hotel or are you looking for the least expensive 4* or better property for this stay?

Lastly, note that the North Strip zone includes hotels which are in the zone but a little off the strip... i assume this is acceptable?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]