Priceline Hotel: 4* in Time Square

koops07
By koops07,
in

I am trying to book a 4* hotel in time square over the weekend September 12-14. I tried and failed at $180, $185, and $190.

What do 4* hotels go for on weekends? Am I way off?

I will probably end up going for a 3* in time square. What starting price should I go with?

Thanks for the help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is Times Square the only zone you're bidding? If so, i would highly recommend you consider other zones as it just doesn't make sense for the average vistior to restrict their bidding by only bidding this one zone. See our thoughts here: Hotels Near Times Square.

It's your stay and trip so it's up to you how you'd like to proceed, but read the thread above and report back and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare...thank you for your quick reply. I read the post and appreciate the info.

I am going with another couple and they are staying at Hilton Times Square. I would like to be within 5-10 minutes walk from them (or closer). Because we are only there 2 nights, and seeing some broadway shows, i'd like to be easy walking distance to the Square.

With that in mind, I would like to add more zones, but try to stay as close to Times Square as possible. It would be nice to stay in a 4*, but a 3* would be fine.

Do you have any suggestions/starting prices?

Thanks for all your help.

I would like to add more zones, but try to stay as close to Times Square as possible

This isn't clear to me... since you can't choose where within the zone your hotel will be, do you want to only stick with the Times Square zone?

What is your maximum bid for 4*? What is your maximum bid for a 3*?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to add a couple of the neighboring districts (i.e. Midtown East and Midtown West) so that I will still be a close walk away.

I stayed Midtown East before (Roosevelt) and got a great deal.

I'd be happy to get 3* 150-160/night range.

I'd be willing to go up to 200/night for 4*

Thanks for all the help!

The Millenium UN is a 3* hotel in the MTE zone too... and that would be about a 25 minute walk to Times Square. Would this be an acceptable outcome?

Do you want to bid for a 4* first up to your limit and then try for a 3*? What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional means?

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional means?

At the 3* level you there are a lot more zones to bid on (ESB, Chelsea, and MSG all come into play)... are these acceptable too?

Based upon the best available rate you're able to find thru traditional means, what is your current maximum bid and the zones that you're willing to accept? From there we'll outline a complete strategy for you to follow.

So I've tried multiple times to get a 4* and 3* in Midwest West, Midwest East, CPS, MSG unsuccessfully.

I just booked a room through travelzoo at Millenium Broadway....they are having a special and i got an upgraded room for 249/night with 1 day fully refundable.

This hotel is listed as a 4* TS hotel and is much less than I can find on PRICELINE.

I will continue to bid on PRICELINE although my bids will be much lower now...

thanks for all your guys help.

Glad you found a good back-up.

I do think you have a chance at beating the $249 rate for a 3* hotel (or possibly a 4* hotel) but am i correct that you have only bid up to $200 thus far? Not sure if you want to pay the extra money for a 4* property or if you would prefer to try for a 3* at a level above $200 (but below the $250 rate of your back-up)

Let us know if we can be of further help or if there are any changes in your 'back-up' reservation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]