Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Maui (Wailea - Makena) Diamond Reosrt Hawaii

summerland76
By summerland76,
in

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I live here in Maui and if you can get MKV for that price, I would say that is a great value. The property is RIGHT on the beach, you may get a room without a view, as the property goes back pretty far but you literally walk only a short distance to the beach. In addition it is very close to Whalers Village, you can walk the beach or take a complementary shuttle. It is not a high end property but it is quite nice. One of the pools has just been redone and the other is in process. I have met so many visitors who stay here and are very happy ! I don't think you will be disapointed.. but if you are looking for the valet greeting, the spa treatements etc bump up to a four star, though it will be more expensive. It all depends on what experience you are looking for but I believe this property is a hidden gem ! Just my two cents...hope it helps

Thanks for the insider info and I'll keep it in mind. My trip is still a ways off and in the off season, from what I've gathered, so I think I'm going to keep looking and try some priceline bidding. What is the area like around that hotel? I've heard that there's an area of Maui that's a little more commercial that the other hotel areas. Is this hotel in that area? Thanks again. Mahalo.

I think I'm going to keep looking and try some priceline bidding

Have you tried bidding on PRICELINE for this stay yet? Is it still your intention to try PRICELINE first?

What is your maximum nightly budget for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been bidding on PRICELINE and having no luck but I think it's because my trip is still a few months off and I'm aiming for a pretty low price. I have friends who went to Maui last year in Feb. and got the Marriott Wailea for $160 a night so that's what I'm aiming for. Doesn't have to be the Marriott but I would like to stay at a resort for under $160.

I could do a hotel but I'm much pickier about them so I'm not sure I'd use priceline or hotwire. Should I be posting this in the priceline section?

Do you know what the other hotel is? The 3.5* in Wailea?

Are you willing to spend $182/nite for a 3.5* HOTWIRE hotel at this time?

Hi there,

A Maui resident again with her two cents. First off you are inquiring about two very different areas on Maui. The first property is Maui Kaanapali Villas ( likely ) and is in West Maui and the other properties are in Wailea which is way south on the island. They are both beutiful areas but distinctly different in geographics and in characteristics, so I would suggest you concentrate on which area you prefer to be in first of all. I would talk with friends who have been in both places and read a bit before deciding and bidding on where you want to be. Secondly , hotels are hurting here . ( See Mauitimes.com , Sunday Aug 3, front page articles) and you will see that prices for the fall, generally the slowest times on Maui will be discounted So don't feel like you have to jump just yet on a hotel and price. I live in West Maui, so can can advise you there but don't get to Wailea much , so unsure of current properties .

Hope this helps

Are you willing to spend $182/nite for a 3.5* HOTWIRE hotel at this time?

I would be for the right hotel/resort. I'm hoping to do it for less than that BUT if this $182 happens to be for a hotel/resort I'm looking for, I would absolutely do it. I would pay more if I could tell what hotel/resort it would be for.

But I have another related question-since this property is a resort, would this price quote include resort fees? I can't tell from the Hotwire website and I did some research implying they have been sued in the past for not including them. Do you know anything about this? And what this hotel/resort might be?

Hi there,

A Maui resident again with her two cents. First off you are inquiring about two very different areas on Maui. The first property is Maui Kaanapali Villas ( likely ) and is in West Maui and the other properties are in Wailea which is way south on the island. They are both beutiful areas but distinctly different in geographics and in characteristics, so I would suggest you concentrate on which area you prefer to be in first of all. I would talk with friends who have been in both places and read a bit before deciding and bidding on where you want to be. Secondly , hotels are hurting here . ( See Mauitimes.com , Sunday Aug 3, front page articles) and you will see that prices for the fall, generally the slowest times on Maui will be discounted So don't feel like you have to jump just yet on a hotel and price. I live in West Maui, so can can advise you there but don't get to Wailea much , so unsure of current properties .

Hope this helps

It does help and thank you so much for your response. I've heard great things about West Maui, Wailea, and even the upcountry and Hana and other parts of Maui. I'm pretty sure I'd be happy staying anywhere on the island since it sounds like everything is fairly accessible-from a mainland perspective. I've heard negative things about areas in far northwest maui but everything else I've heard has been very positive. We'll be doing stuff all around the island so I'm willing to consider multiple areas and properties. I'm looking for a resort because I'm hoping we can leave the car parked for a couple days as I've heard gas is extremely expensive. I'm not typically a resort type of person, but I'm traveling with mixed company including several people who don't mind wasting a day by the pool. Anyhoo, thanks again for your comments and they are very much appreciated. Mahalo and I look forward to seeing your beautiful island!

Please help ID a 3.5* hotel in Wailea for $182 from 10/19-10/25

Resort

Suite

Fitness Room

Pools

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Golf near-by

Tennis near-by

Kitchen

If you run your search on HOTWIRE again and click the CONTINUE button (wth the price in it) do you also see a Spa icon in addition to the above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes-there is a Spa there at the bottom. Sorry about that-not sure if I missed it the first time or if it's new to the listing. But yes-Spa Services are listed and it's a "Kitchenette" not kitchen.

Also it appears the deal is no longer valid for the entire of my dates. Now it is only available from the 19th to the 24th. And I'm going to go ahead and presume that the 'fees' don't include resort fees-correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

The above is a match for the Diamond Resort Hotel so that would be our best guess.

The HOTWIRE rate does not cover resort fees, which if this ID is correct, this hotel charges $10/day which covers parking, shuttle, and use of the spa facilities.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]