Priceline Hotel: 4 Adults in 1 Room?

alsk
By alsk,
in

I apologize if this is addressed somewhere else, but I heard somewhere that there are some possible hotels in every zone in NYC that simply do not have double rooms. I understand I'm not guaranteed a double with any hotel on Priceline, but is it extra risky to bid for 1 room in NYC?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, imo, it's risky to use PRICELINE for more than double occupancy in NYC... especially if you're considering 4adults (vs. 2adults/2children)

Options are two rooms via PRICELINE, which can often be less expensive than one room book direct... or searching HOTWIRE which enables you to search for up to quad occupancy.

If you need help with an upcoming stay please continue this thread and let us know your maximum budget, minimum star rating, and zone(s) you're willing to accept.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

in my experience when priceline was used for room bookings and there were 3 adults to one room. the london marriot didn't care, the boscolo borromini (spelling?) said there was a "problem with our room" however we checked in around 11pm so i figured they sold our room.. they put the three of us in their Exedra location (beautiful hotel) at no extra charge. the only place that had somewhat of an issue was the Marriot in the Latin Quarters of Paris... we were told we didn't book for 3 people, they don't have space for 3 people in the room (two double beds). I said we're fine with sharing a bed and they were fine with that response.

i thought i'd share the experience (i know it has nothing to do with nyc) i understand princeline doesn't guarantee two doubles for all rooms

NYC rooms are famously tiny, even in higher-end establishments. When I say tiny, I mean as little as 160 sq ft in the Hudson, for example. There is a video tour of a Hudson Hotel room on Youtube, and it looks like a large closet (albeit a high-end, trendy closet, but the size of a closet, nonetheless.)

Quite a few hotels do not have doubles and even those who do have doubles often charge a premium for them versus a single bed room. So, while you may get a hotel that offers two beds, they're likely more interested in trying to sell those rooms to someone willing to pay more than someone who paid half price. 2 beds with Priceline is hit-and-miss in other cities, but it's especially difficult in NYC.

If you absolutely need two beds in NYC, it's best to book regular rate.

I was thinking of risking it anyway...

I would read this Priceline Family of Four thread posted today and see the troubles that user is facing. If you choose to still bid on PRICELINE let us know which zones you're willing to accept and your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]