Hotwire Hotel: Need help id 2.5* Melbourne

Tommy135
By Tommy135,
in

Are you still seeing this property offered on HOTWIRE as i'm not seeing a 2.5* offered when searching for your dates? If you are still seeing this property, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This property has not yet been identified.

If you change your search to 2adults/2children a similarly priced hotel shows with Suite, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry. This property has not been identified either but a guess would be the Extended Stay Deluxe.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If i choose more than 2 adults also the crowne plaza at the beach shows up for $99.

Right now i am booked into the Marriott Hutchinson Island for 110$ + tax including breakfast, but the rate is refundable.

I will stay the night before in Clearwater and want to drive to the east coast and visit the KSC in Cape Canaveral, but i think it might be a too long day if i will stay at the Marriott, so i am looking for some place to stay nearer to KSC. The next day i have to drive to Miami to catch a plane at 9 pm.

I already bid yesterday for 2.5* in melbourne on PRICELINE and was offered at a bid of $48 to increase my bid to $62 and get a hotel room.

I guess bidding opn priceline for the crowne plaza won't work on priceline as it is in the same area like the Hilton Rialto which is about $50 cheaper per night when i compare the rack rates.

I guess bidding opn priceline for the crowne plaza won't work on priceline as it is in the same area like the Hilton Rialto which is about $50 cheaper per night when i compare the rack rates.

There is often little correlation between a the hotel with the lowest direct rate and the hotel you will receive on PRICELINE. However, with this noted, there is no way to determine if you will get getting the Hilton or Crowne Plaza (or some other hotel in that zone) so unless you're willing to accept any hotel in the zone then you probably shouldn't bid that zone at that star level (and remember bids of a lower star rating in that zone can be upgraded)

I think i will try to bid on PRICELINE through your link when the 24 h are over.

I think i will try to bid on PRICELINE when my 24h are over on 3*, but not going higher as $62. If i am not sucessful i will try 2,5*.

Even a price of $62 would be $35 cheaper then the Crowne plaza and their beach doesn't look very promising with all the stones in the water.

Is it likely the new Residence Inn might come up on PRICELINE? They sell it on their regular homepage and it looks very nice.

Sure the Residence Inn is a possibility, but the "retail" version of PRICELINE and the "Name Your Own Price" each use a different inventory of hotels. There is a lot of overlap, but not all 'retail' hotels participate with the Name Your Own Price service and vice versa. Just as the Residence Inn is a possibility, the Courtyard is a 2.5* rated hotel on the "retail" side so that is equally a possibility as well.

For more on using the retail version of PRICELINE to determine "opaque" availability see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you're willing to stay at the Hilton and that rate is refundable you may want to book it to protect yourself from rates rising from here.

If you do book direct, please note that we have a link to the Hilton in the support page and please use the links there to begin any purchases you make.

Keep us updated or let us know if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]