Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio (Downtown-Riverwalk) Emily Morgan

tazzy
By tazzy,
in

I bid on a four-star hotel in the San Antonio Downtown-Riverwalk area and won the Emily Morgan for $88 a night, for a two-night stay from 8/7/08 to 8/9/08.

I bid over the course of two days, beginning with trying to nab a resort hotel in the West area of San Antonio. I started those bids at $62 a night and increased my bid with rebids over the two days until I topped out at $134, still no luck. Location isn't that important to us this time, just want a nice hotel, so I added in the four-star category as a whim, at $40, for all areas in San Antonio, since they were all showing up in my rebid. That bid was rejected.

I then focused on four-star hotels in the Northwest area of San Antonio, bidding from $60 up to $102 with rebids before calling it quits.

I was avoiding the four-star hotels in the Riverwalk area because I was feeling more suburbia for this trip. I wasn't keen on staying at the Emily Morgan again, since we stayed there last year and the room was really small and this year we have a baby and will need more space for his crib, but I decided to go for that area anyway since you can usually upgrade for $25 to a bigger room at that hotel. So I added back in the four-star hotels for the Downtown-Riverwalk area and started my bid this time at $50. I bid in $5 to $8 increments, with my last bid at $78, then I jumped up to $88 since that bid worked last year for that area. Wa-la, it worked this time, too.

Congratulations on your win!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board. Hopefully you'll be able upgrade to the large room and for $113 is still considered a good deal for this stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]