Priceline Hotel: 3* St Louis (Forest Park-Clayton) Sheraton Clayton Plaza

Jasmine
By Jasmine,
in

This is sort of last minute but I am looking for a room in the Forest Park-Clayton zone for 2 nights beginning July 19.

Only one option comes up in that zone for those nights - a 3* with Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry, Internet & Tennis with a Trip Advisor rating of 3/5 out of 40+ reviews. By all accounts, this must be the Sheraton Clayton Plaza. However when I go through Starwood directly, it says there are no rooms available for those dates. Is it possible that HOTWIRE holds rooms even when a property is otherwise sold-out?

Are you still seeing this property on HOTWIRE as it's not appearing when i do a current search for your dates.

If you do still see this property are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the PRICELINE link above, I started with a bid of $43 for a 3* in Forest Park-Clayton. When that was rejected, I used Hazelwood as a free rebid zone and increased my bid to $46.

The room I got was very nice, albeit very small (no tub in the bathroom - only a narrow shower). The only real downside was the $14 overnight parking charge but given the cost of the room, it was still a great deal.

No - I was only searching for 1 room for 2 adults.

A few hours after I posted my question, I decided I wanted to go ahead and book the room. Unfortunately it was no longer coming up. I ended up bidding on Priceline (through the PRICELINE link above) for the nights separately. My wins have been posted.

Sorry to hear the HOTWIRE property slipped away from you, but looks like this worked out just fine and you did well.

Thaks for the follow-up in sharing the ultimate result and for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bids.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay(s) based upon the prices paid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]