Priceline Hotel: hotel help

goalie977
By goalie977,
in

i'm coming to chciago july 24-27. i have tried bidding on priceline for river north area and have been shot down for the bid price of 165.00. i noticed Travelocity has the dana hotel for a good price but unsure if the area is safe (wife and i). should i book the dana or try higher at priceline. looking for good room size and good area.

What is the price of the Dana Hotel thr Travelocity?

From what i know of the city the area seems fine (if/when AaronJB sees this he'll probably be able to answer better) but from what i have read the hotel is new still being "finished". It does sound nice, but you'll have to factor in the price relative to how much you think you'll be inconvenienced/bothered by any construction that still may be ongoing.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or Travelocity if you go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Dana would be an excellent choice if you wanted to treat your wife to a nice weekend. The $176 rate is REALLY good; Orbitz and other sites have it for quite a bit more for these dates.

Location-wise, the hotel is very good - an easy walk to Michigan Ave. There's also a wide variety of restaurants in the blocks around the hotel - everything from casual to more upscale restaurants.

The hotel has been open since 5/28, so I would think that two months later they would hopefully be at least pretty close/getting closer to running full steam. The room pictures look gorgeous.

There is a Whole Foods Market around the corner for snacks.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could use the site's link to Travelocity.com (click the Travelocity) to start your purchase.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]