Hotwire Hotel: Need ID 2,5* North Fort Lauderdale Hotel 01/02/09-01/09/09 - 69 $

nils
By nils,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been identified, but i wouldn't expect too much from it. We don't see this zone purchased too frequently and with a 2.5/5.0 TripAdvisor rating it doesn't give a sense of much guest satisfaction... what is the purpose of this stay and what are you looking for from this trip?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From the date of the last tripadvisor review and it's ratings I thought it could be "El Palacio" but this "hotel" is way to far from the ocean...

I'm looking for an affordable place to sleep during our one week trip to south Florida, which isn't too far from the beaches.

Last time to Fort Lauderdale we stayed in a Holiday Inn near L-b-t-S and spent way over 130 $ a night and were completely disapointed, so we decided to spend less and be prepared for a mediocre hotel...

HOTWIRE's description of "Near Beach" is 'within easy walking distance of the beach'.

What do you consider "affordable"? Are you willing to consider other beach areas? (such as Miami, for example)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Easy walking distance in opinion isn't longer than 5-10 minutes or less than a mile...

But if that specific hotel was the "El Palacio", which I would refuse to book, which according to the reviews in Tripadvisor would fit, it would be more than 3 miles away from the beaches, do you think this is "within walking distance"?!

Affordale to me means between 90-110 $ a nite.

Well I'm willing to consider Sunny Isles, but not closer to Miami.

Any suggestions?

do you think this is "within walking distance"?!
No, i don't, which is why i question if the hotel is indeed the El Palacio. I think you'd have a good arguement against HOTWIRE if this was the case and it's 3 miles from the beach.

Based upon your needs, why not look for the best of both worlds... good reviews and a good prie? I think it's a mistake to take your one disappointing hotel experience and conceed to trying low rated hotels going forward... you're more likely setting yourself up for further disappointment.

I know you stated you didn't want to go further than Sunny Isles, but why not find the value and then head there? Although i'm not personally familiar with the property, HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Richmond Hotel in South Beach for $124/nite.. just slightly over your budget but the hotel is right on the beach and gets very good reviews.

Also, have you considered SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

Hotwire just removed the "beach nearby" tag for that hotel, so I'm almost certain it is the El Palacio...

You're absolutely right with your argumet, that one bad experience shouldn't keep me from booking a similar property, but I absolutely dislike the South Beach area, I'd rather stay more northbound in the Boca Raton - West Palm Beach area...

Do you think PRICELINE would help getting a good deal on a 3* beachfront hotel in Fort Lauderdale given my budget?

The issue with using PRICELINE for this stay is that you can't guarantee a Beachfront or even Beach Access hotel (unless the entire zone resides on a beach or close enough ot a beach). If Beachfront or Beach Access is your preference than you need to use HOTWIRE for this stay and choose a hotel which shows one of these icons.

• 6 months later...

Anyone very familiar with this area would advise against staying between Federal Hwy (US1) in the east and University in the west, unless you are visiting family or friends and specifically want to be there. It is not close to the beach or any major business or tourist attractions and parts of the area are not particularly clean or safe. A similar rating in a beach area would likely produce greater satisfaction - even if your hotel does not end up perfect, the area would be more desirable.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]