Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (Long Island City) Comfort Inn

ansub1976
By ansub1976,
in

I am trying to book a hotel room in Midtown Manhattan for 3 nights (8/3 to 8/6). Over the last couple of days, I have bid unsuccessfully for a 4*, 3* and 2.5* in the following zones: CPS, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW, TS. In each of these star ratings, I had started at around $120 and bid upto $150 but no success yet. I saw an earlier posting where someone got a 4* for a date earlier than mine in MTE but I guess the dates I am bidding for are unusually busy days. Any idea if the price range I am bidding for is in the low end?

Alternately I saw that the Long Island Comfort Inn has rooms around $150 on Orbitz but am unsure of the area and how easy it is to get to Midtown and downtown from there using the subway. I am flying into LGA. Can you give me alternatives to staying at Midtown and how easy/difficult it is to commute to Midtown and Downtown from there? My maximum price range is $150 - $160.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option (if so i think i may have a good option for $167/nite or less)

If not and you're considering the "Long Island Comfort Inn"... can you confirm if you're looking at a Comfort Inn on Long Island or a the Comfort Inn in Long Island City (let us know the address) and we'll be able to more accurately respond.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Comfort inn is in Long Island City.

Comfort Inn

42-24 Crescent St. , Long Island City, NY, US, 11101

My preference would be to not split the bid for the stay if at all possible. I see that Sunday night (8/3) is a bit cheaper than the Monday and Tuesday nights.

The Long Island City Comfort Inn is convenient to transportation, but with that said, i still wouldn't choose to stay here. While the hotel itself may be fine, the area is fairly industrial and doesn't give me a 'clean' feeling.

My thought, if splitting was an option, would be to stay in Jersey City for the first two nites... HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in this zone for $136/nite (believed to be the Hyatt on the Hudson). You could either take this or try to better this rate via PRICELINE (although you could also end up with the Doubletree or some other hotel)

Then for the last nite book the Desmond Tutu thru Quikbook for $228/nite which includes breakfast and has been getting very good reviews.

If you go the above route please use our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links (and Quickbook) to begin your travel purchases.

If you stick with our original plan please use our link to Orbitz or our link to the Comfort Inn if you book direct (all links also found in our support page)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After another unsuccessful attempt at booking a hotel room in Manhattan and since splitting the bids was not an option I relished, I decided to look for the Comfort Inn in long Island city. The hotel list for priceline indicated that Comfort Inn is the 2.5* property in Long Island City and so I decided to try priceline instead of booking thru Orbitz. I started bidding using the PRICELINE links in thereuare's reply.

Here is the strategy I adopted:

Long Island City - Bid $100 - Rejected

Added MTE - Rebid $105 - Rejected

Added TS - Rebid $110 - Rejected

Added MTW - Rebid $115 - Rejected

Added MSG - Rebid $120 - Rejected

Added ESA - Rebid $125 - Accepted (after a 15 minute wait!)

Comfort Inn Long Island City

Long Island City

42-24 Crescent Street

Long Island City, New York 11101

718-303-3700

I wouldnt have minded getting a hotel room in any of the zones I added, but knew that it was a long shot since I had bid for these zones upto $160 for a week now without much success.

With taxes, the total came out to $446.10. The rate on Expedia for this hotel is $579.43, which means a $130 savings. I read the trip Advisor user comments for this hotel and most of them were positive with the location (1 block from the subway) and rate being the top selling points.

Thank you for all your help and for running such an awsome website. I used the PRICELINE links from the reply by thereuare.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and saved some money vs. a conventional booking at the same hotel you were considering.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]