Hotwire Hotel: 3 star condo in sea world, I drive s area

alxoli
By alxoli,
in

I found a 3 star condo in international drive s area, there are no reviews for it. The amenities are resort, free parking, fitness center, 24 hr front desk, tennis nearby, kitchenette, childrens activities, pool, laundry facilities, studio and spa facilities for $59 per night for 10/14/08-10/15-08. I never booked a hotel thru hotwire before and don't know if this would be good or if I should stay with just a regular hotel room. I also don't know how accurate the star ratings are, I heard from some people that hotwire ratings are lower than most other sites so if you purchase a 3, it would be a 2 on another site. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I believe this is the same deal I got last January, and it is the westgate lakes. It is a timeshare resort and they try to get you into one of their tour/sales pitches. As a hotwire/priceline customer you are NOT under obligation to take the tour. Just be sure to decline the "free breakfast", directions to your unit, and whatever snare they have now. When you check in just ask for a map and you can easily find your unit. It is a little hassle to go thru but I think worth it. A good location, great pool area, and nice walking paths along the lake. See my review on tripadvisor.com from last Jan for more details. From the other reviews you can see that you need a lot of backbone to refuse the 2-3 hour sales meetings. A good respose is to tell them is that if I can find such good rates to rent why would I ever buy??? If a person did want to buy, use a timeshare resale outfit and pay 10-20% of what they are selling them for retail.

Overall, it is a good price for a nice secure place although I think I see better deals nearby on international drive.

Good luck,

Ted

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]