Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook-Downers Grove) Hilton Garden Inn

twotone
By twotone,
in

I plan to go to Chicago for a family vacation. I should be there on the July 27 for about 4-5 nights. I have heard from one person to stay on the west or north of Chicago. Whats a good area to stay where the train into chicago wouldn't be to long but at the sametime a nice enviroment for a family.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm sure AaronJB will have some thoguhts and information as soon as he sees this thread, but i think one of the issues that you're going to face is that the suburb zones are often a few miles in radius, so you won't be able to pick/choose if you're close to a train station.

Some of the questions which will help others assist you further...

Will you have a car?

What star rating are you looking for?

What is your expected budget

How many rooms and occupancy? (adults/children)

Also, when will you know the number of nites you'll need and be ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the suggestions

Will you have a car? yes I will have a car

What star rating are you looking for? I would love to get a suite but a 2 1/2 star or more would be nice

What is your expected budget? $40-$60 per night

How many rooms and occupancy? (adults/children) 1 room with 2 adults and one 7 year old child

The West suburbs are more likely to get you a cheap hotel in your price range. Arlington Heights/Elk Grove Village/Palatine/Elmhurst are example areas. Woodfield Mall is out this way. The Southwest suburbs (specifically Oak Brook) is also worth considering.

The North suburbs (Deerfield, Northbrook, Glenview, Skokie) are very nice and there are definitely things to do - the Ravinia Festival (ravinia.org), the Chicago Botanic Garden (chicagobotanic.org) and shopping. Hotels in these areas - with some exceptions - are generally closer to public transit. However, there is less likelyhood of getting a hotel in the $40-60 range, and especially less likelyhood of $40-50.

Additionally, whereas $40-60 would very likely get you a 3* and maybe a 3.5* in the West/NW/SW suburbs, $40-60 will likely get a 2*-2.5* in the North suburbs and maybe a lower-end 3*. In other words, while there are some benefits of the North suburbs, you will more likely get more hotel for your money in the W/SW/NW burbs. Although again, it all depends on the dates.

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board.

Can you please indicate the date(s) of your stay so that we can add this information to the topic title and enable this thread to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks. Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]