Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC, Upper Mdtwn-CPS Drake Swissotel

seh2397
By seh2397,
in

I'm kind of disappointed because I really wanted Le Parker Meridien and that's what I thought I'd get by bidding 4* in this area. I realize the price is good though. Costs break down as follows: $125/nt with taxes totaling $49.68 and $5.95 processing fee for a grand total of $430.63 for 3 nights.

This was my first time ever using priceline/bidding.

I think I could have gotten Meridien thru HotWire at $140/nt. The reviews, amenities, etc., sounded just like it and I thought I'd just do this $125 Priceline bid before I took that.

A few days ago my $120 Priceline bid for 4* in same area was rejected but they said if I up'd by $22 it would be accepted.

Anyone have any comments on Drake Swissotel? I really liked the location of Meridien -- oh well. We are going to B-Way show one night (maybe 2) and a concert in Union Sq for one night also.

I don't think you'll be too disappointed after your stay!

I have heard very good things about this hotel, and the comments that i have just read all seemed positive.(there was one negative with somebody complaining about the telephone charge on his bill, but apparently he didn't know that hotels charge a lot for phone calls, so take his review for what it's worth, although even with his bill problem, he did say the room was great)

From what i have read, the rooms are large by NYC standards and the service is excellent.

I just did a quick websearch and i saw (thru Expedia) that Le Meridian could be had for $179/nite, while this hotel is at $189/nite, so you actually got a little bit of a better deal with this hotel. It appears that Priceline's cost was $123/nite, so you did an excellent job!

Although not what you set out for, i think you'll be very pleased with this hotel, and you saved over $50/nite vs. a traditional booking. Please post a review (in the category at the bottom of the board) when you return and let us know how it went.

Thanks for posting your results, and enjoy your trip (and show)!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]