Priceline Hotel: 3* Downtown Ft. Lauderdale--HELP

Dancin' Fool
By Dancin' Fool,
in

Thanks to all the help on this board I bid $51 dollars for Embassy Suites 6/7 and was accepted. This was my first time using priceline! I am very happy with the price! I guess my problem is I didn't realize all priceline's rooms are for 2 adults. We are traveling with our two children 13 and 21. When I called the hotel directly the reservations agent said there are no charge for children under 18. She said my 21 year old is considered an adult and I would have to take this up with priceline. I called their customer service line and he laughed a little and said they don't have a problem with it as long as the hotel doesn't. Should I call the hotel again and offer to pay for the 3rd adult? :) Please help.

It is true that Priceline only guarantees a room for 2 adults, and this can be a problem in cities that are notorious for small rooms (like NYC). However, we have heard very good feedback in this area about not having a problem with a small family in one room.

If it were me, i would just call the hotel (tomorrow, no reason to get the same front desk clerk on the phone) and put in a request for a room with 2 beds. When you get to the hotel, check-in as you normally would and if you need a rollaway bed, i would request it by calling the front desk after you've gone up to the room. You also could have your two children "wander" someplace else in the lobby with your spouse while you check in. Be friendly and polite with the front desk clerk and i wouldn't anticipate any problems.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Have a great trip, and thank you for taking the time to post at the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]