Priceline Hotel: NYC in November

HelenofTroy
By HelenofTroy,
in

Last year, you turned me on to the Beekman (May, 2007) and have looked into staying there again. But reading through your website and your links, I've seen the prices are almost double what I paid and with the new management, the quality has changed.

Any hints on how to find something comparable for 3 of us to share... I liked the suite situation, but that seems difficult to find. Looking to pay between 200-300/nite for 3-4 nites.

Am I looking too far in advance? I don't mind booking something in advance, as long as they allow cancellations? We're looking beginning of November, after the marathon, perhaps during Election day.

Thanks for your help... you did me great last time!

best regards,

hk

HK,

We're travelling to NYC and need a hotel 11/6 - 11/9. For now, we made a cancellable reservation for the Hotel Belleclaire, which appears to rate very well for a 3* hotel. The hotel is within two or three blocks of Central Park. I have a hard time picturing myself taking a subway to go for a run in Central Park, though I'd happily hop on the subway for anything else in NYC...so being within walking distance is important for us.

We reserved a room with a queen-sized bed and a shared bathroom for $206/nite. My wife is not crazy about a shared bathroom, but it sounds like it's a non-issue for most who have tried it. There is a sink in the room. We used Hotels.com for the reservation...note that they charge your card when you make the reservation, though you can still cancel up to the day before for this hotel.

You can find traveler reviews on tripadvisor.

We will wait to see how the priceline and hotwire inventory builds. About a week ago, I saw a 3.5* Times Square-Theater District for $239 on hotwire, which appears to be a match for Crowne Plaza Hotel, but I still elected to wait. Here's the link to that post - Hotwire New York City Times Square

I agree with ThereUAre...it's difficult to do much planning in NYC without having specific dates you are researching, especially this far out.

TKPaul

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]